Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet on standby
I'm surprised that you're referring to "network problems" and "network congestion" in this context.

Having looked into it some time ago (so I might be out of date), I though that when in stand-by the Devialets send five, small packets per second to the network for discovery purposes. While I agree that's not necessarily an elegant approach -- e.g. compared to a wake-on-LAN mechanism, which might or might not be supported by the hardware -- I'd say it hardly constitutes "congestion" given the bandwidth of most wi-fi or wired networks. Have I missed something?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
As well as being at best inelegant, one problem is that the constant Devialet network activity keeps networked devices from sleeping and using wake-on-LAN.
(22-Jan-2016, 12:57)deviousalet Wrote: As well as being at best inelegant, one problem is that the constant Devialet network activity keeps networked devices from sleeping and using wake-on-LAN.

Calling the implementation "inelegant" is very kind. Big Grin
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.