Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
I'll be interested in how you get on with the RJ45 Kunter.

My Silver Minimus has settled in nicely, but i've sent back the Entreq cables in favour of my own. Got a few more to make up to try out but at present i get the best results using the ground post rather than RCA connection.

Preference was (Worst to Best) RCA (Line connectors) > RCA (Digital inputs) > Grounding Post. The Line connectors are differential rather than single ended like the Digital inputs which may explain my preferences on my single 120 (with no other sources connected apart from optical and Ethernet AIR). I tried grounding both the RCA and Ground post to the Minimus but this didn't work well for me.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
I deleted my previous post to resolve some quirks I faced late at night... It might be just sleep creeping in... So I will revise the setup and report back...
Cheers.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Has anyone tried the RJ45 ground cables yet?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Jul-2014, 15:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: Has anyone tried the RJ45 ground cables yet?

Guillaume

My trial cable is on its way. As per PO's recommendation, it is a Challenger model.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(19-Jul-2014, 17:06)Kunter Wrote:
(19-Jul-2014, 15:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: Has anyone tried the RJ45 ground cables yet?

Guillaume

My trial cable is on its way. As per PO's recommendation, it is a Challenger model.

Good stuff. Smile I tried the whole range and the Challenger was by far the most effective. Apollo was, for example, disappointing!

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
One interesting observation for Entreq devices...

I visited the friend who also jumped on Entreq board, who also happens to have a super High End system. He now has his pre (TAD c500) and DAC (Vivaldi) connected to a Silver/Atlantis Tellus system with Atlantis cables. The sound is (was) sublime.

We then connected his new NAS Server (he uses NAS streaming through Vivaldi Upsampler) and sat down to listen.

The sound was really horrible. No midrange clarity, loooose bas, etc. Since the only thing that changed was the new NAS, I checked behind the system to see what was wrong. While installing the NAS, (A QNAP Pro), the power cable of the NAS "touched" the ground cable going to the DAC. Separating them a few centimeters restored everything to their previous glorious state.

So if you are using/evaluating Entreq, make sure to keep any power cable (and any other metal fixtures as well) away from the ground cables.

Cheers

Kunter
Istanbul, Turkey
(24-Jul-2014, 14:22)Kunter Wrote: One interesting observation for Entreq devices...

I visited the friend who also jumped on Entreq board, who also happens to have a super High End system. He now has his pre (TAD c500) and DAC (Vivaldi) connected to a Silver/Atlantis Tellus system with Atlantis cables. The sound is (was) sublime.

We then connected his new NAS Server ... and sat down to listen.

The sound was really horrible ... the power cable of the NAS "touched" the ground cable going to the DAC. Separating them a few centimeters restored everything to their previous glorious state.

So if you are using/evaluating Entreq, make sure to keep any power cable (and any other metal fixtures as well) away from the ground cables.

Cheers

Kunter

If an enclosed power cable touching an enclosed ground cable can move a sound from "sublime" to "really horrible" using ultra expensive gear including TAD and dCS then, in my opinion, there is some terrible engineering in place.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Dear all,

As per Guillaume's suggestion, my Challenger Ethernet ground cable arrived today.

On one end it is a RJ45 Ethernet cable, on the other end a reddish (copper) ground spade.

My leisure setup is an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router, connected to the Devialet with Audioquest Vodka, and my Mac Book Pro sending audio via Audirvana wirelessly (this way I avoid all the dropouts of the wireless AIR.)

The sound was good to start with. But things changed for much better when I plugged the Challenger to one of Airport's empty RJ45 sockets.

The change is not subtle, mind you.
More clarity, more extension, more 3D, more PRAT.

If you have an Entreq device, you owe it to yourself to give a listen. If you don't, all the better since I can say the improved I got with this is almost as large or larger than adding the Entreq to my system grounding in the first place, so try Entreq.

I currently use a Silver Minimus for this duty.

Happy listening,

Kunter
Istanbul, Turkey
(05-Aug-2014, 15:12)Kunter Wrote: Dear all,

As per Guillaume's suggestion, my Challenger Ethernet ground cable arrived today.

On one end it is a RJ45 Ethernet cable, on the other end a reddish (copper) ground spade.

My leisure setup is an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router, connected to the Devialet with Audioquest Vodka, and my Mac Book Pro sending audio via Audirvana wirelessly (this way I avoid all the dropouts of the wireless AIR.)

The sound was good to start with. But things changed for much better when I plugged the Challenger to one of Airport's empty RJ45 sockets.

The change is not subtle, mind you.
More clarity, more extension, more 3D, more PRAT.

If you have an Entreq device, you owe it to yourself to give a listen. If you don't, all the better since I can say the improved I got with this is almost as large or larger than adding the Entreq to my system grounding in the first place, so try Entreq.

I currently use a Silver Minimus for this duty.

Happy listening,

Kunter

Good stuff! I have two Challenger RJ45 ground cables: one connected to my QNAP NAS and the other connected to my Draytek router. Both ground cables feed into a Silver Minimus box.

As Kunter says the improvement is not subtle. I would say that the biggest thing it does in my system is add tonal detail and texture... there is also a certain syrupiness to the sound too.

So much for just ones and zeros (TCP/IP and all that!)... something else is going on here but I'm at a loss to explain it. Sounds bloody fantastic though! Big Grin

Guillaume

UK
Still very pleased with mine. The differences in the cables seem to be down to the materials used and the construction affecting their inductance. I've made my own, connected between the Silver Minimus and the Grounding post on my 120 Smile

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass