Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expert Remote App is not working any more
Exclamation 
After loosing Devialet AIR for Mac OS almost a year ago (and there is no update on that) with the release of iOS 14, we lost the Expert remote app too.

Basically the Expert platform is becoming obsolete with every new technology update. Devialet is not able to keep the pace of the technology.

I think it is very obvious that, they don't care and maintain their product line anymore. It is a shame that they keep selling Expert line products while they don't give any support on these products while they keep promoting the remote app and the AIR in their website. (This is a SCAM!)

I really want to get your opinion about a next step, I believe we should prepare an email template and send them to share an update (could be the deprecation announcement or any updates)! Otherwise, we should really force them to share an open API documentation that we can build our own applications and share with each other. We are not looking here to build a business on top of their business, we want the basic right to keep the capabilities of our devices and if they don't support, we want to have the control of our units.

For example, I am fine to lose the warranty in case if I use the open API of the unit to communicate with it. This should be a win/win situation for a company like Devialet to get rid of the warranty load too in addition to the support/update duties.

What do you think?
Just browse the web about IOS 14, and you'll see that Apple has released this version at the same time as the tools app developers require to update their apps.

So in this case, Apple is 100% faulty, and the best is to wait one or two week before upgrading to IOS 14.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(18-Sep-2020, 12:54)Teliaved Wrote: Just browse the web about IOS 14, and you'll see that Apple has released this version at the same time as the tools app developers require to update their apps.

So in this case, Apple is 100% faulty, and the best is to wait one or two week before upgrading to IOS 14.

I totally agree with this... for now.    But I think we should all submit Devialet support tickets about it as well.   Unless they fully understand the frustration of their Expert/Expert Pro owners, they will undoubtedly continue to think of this as a legacy (or at least lower priority) platform.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
That's not my concern. I am fine to wait for a month if I know that the problem was gonna be fixed.

1) Mac OS Catalina released more than a year ago, we can't still install the Devialet AIR to it. Big Sur is on the way and we won't be able to install it to that either. Please tell me how long should I wait? I am not looking for who caused the problem, I am looking for a solution as the customer.

2) Devialet made an annoucement for their Phanton users to not to update to 14 and they announced also they have a fix for Phanton app. Where is this announcement for the Expert line?

3) Ignore all my message, I will wait for one or two weeks and I will come here and apologize from you and Devialet in case that they release a new Expert Remote version.

4) What if I am right about my concerns? I am tired of seeing people supporting Devialet's play about situations.

My demand is simple, I bougth a product from a company and it is still under warranty, two of the features that are promoted in their website and in the product manual are NOT working. And I don't care who caused the problem. As equal as a Phantom customer, I want to know if my concern is being addessed or not. How hard to cover Expert product line in this message if they already know the same problem is exist for their other product: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...rt-warning

I am not demanding something crazy, I am just asking that is already being done for Phantom to be done for Expert too. Or I want to know if my product is oblesulte now. It is that simple! Please don't advise me about waiting for one or two weeks, we are waiting Devialet to fix things for more than 2 years, I won't listen these advices as they are non-sense!
It’s been clear for a while, Devialet don’t give a shit, Typical arrogant french attitude, they are making their main money from phantoms now, they’re leaving their expert pro customer to rot, burn and die..
(18-Sep-2020, 13:18)ada Wrote: That's not my concern. I am fine to wait for a month if I know that the problem was gonna be fixed.

1) Mac OS Catalina released more than a year ago, we can't still install the Devialet AIR to it. Big Sur is on the way and we won't be able to install it to that either. Please tell me how long should I wait? I am not looking for who caused the problem, I am looking for a solution as the customer.

2) Devialet made an annoucement for their Phanton users to not to update to 14 and they announced also they have a fix for Phanton app. Where is this announcement for the Expert line?

3) Ignore all my message, I will wait for one or two weeks and I will come here and apologize from you and Devialet in case that they release a new Expert Remote version.

4) What if I am right about my concerns? I am tired of seeing people supporting Devialet's play about situations.

My demand is simple, I bougth a product from a company and it is still under warranty, two of the features that are promoted in their website and in the product manual are NOT working. And I don't care who caused the problem. As equal as a Phantom customer, I want to know if my concern is being addessed or not. How hard to cover Expert product line in this message if they already know the same problem is exist for their other product: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...rt-warning

I am not demanding something crazy, I am just asking that is already being done for Phantom to be done for Expert too. Or I want to know if my product is oblesulte now. It is that simple! Please don't advise me about waiting for one or two weeks, we are waiting Devialet to fix things for more than 2 years, I won't listen these advices as they are non-sense!

Maybe we should join forces and file a lawsuit or class act. I put my money on that we can prove neglect in court. I don't have the cash though but certainly would be interesting to see how such a case turns out.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(19-Sep-2020, 19:57)iamwappie Wrote:
(18-Sep-2020, 13:18)ada Wrote: That's not my concern. I am fine to wait for a month if I know that the problem was gonna be fixed.

Maybe we should join forces and file a lawsuit or class act. I put my money on that we can prove neglect in court. I don't have the cash though but certainly would be interesting to see how such a case turns out.

I would be happy to contribute, they are still selling the product and therefore selling it knowing it’s no longer fit for purpose.

What does that say about Devialet, they are a compete bunch of crooks....
Best thing so far is commenting their postings publicly on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. If most users here in the forum contribute that would be a sign / voice
Everyone who searches something about Devialet will come to this forum - sooner or later.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(19-Sep-2020, 23:44)Delija Wrote: Everyone who searches something about Devialet will come to this forum - sooner or later.

While that is correct, the comment below by markush presents an added dimension.

(19-Sep-2020, 23:34)markush Wrote: Best thing so far is commenting their postings publicly on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. If most users here in the forum contribute that would be a sign / voice

Commenting on the far more visible social channels of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter will provide more reach for your comments. Not only is it a far more public way to air your concerns, but also Devialet is clearly looking to sell more Phantoms through public channels. Should Expert owners inform the public of their abandonment in the right way, some existing and potential Phantom owners may think twice...what if it happens to them?

It would be bad business for Devialet to not address your concerns and have your public posts continue. Far better for them to address them; far better for us as well.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e