Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
SAM is working in both channels :-)
D250
I would like to thank all the members of the forum who were the first to try firmware 8.0.0, because I had no sound at all (I did not program any button with SAM ON/OFF) when I tried it for the first time. As some had already reported they had no sound on one channel with SAM on, I did not panic when I discovered this problem   Wink  .
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
It's all working great for me now. Sounding good too.
it is working with SAM on, yes. But for me there is no difference if SAM is on or off. I can see the SAM logo in the display, but it does not have any effect anymore. Even with SAM set to 100%. Am I alone with this problem ?
I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Just about to try my first DSD track!  Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-May-2015, 16:47)Vivialet Wrote: it is working with SAM on, yes. But for me there is no difference if SAM is on or off. I can see the SAM logo in the display, but it does not have any effect anymore. Even with SAM set to 100%. Am I alone with this problem ?

No I can control SAM % as normal
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?
The new section in the phono input were you select cartridge it only selects the value of the loding and sensitivity nothing else?
All the new riaa curves can some one explain what the man diffrense between them is?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Just about to try my first DSD track!  Wink

Guillaume

I'm really curious about what you think of the DSD.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(14-May-2015, 16:47)Vivialet Wrote: it is working with SAM on, yes. But for me there is no difference if SAM is on or off. I can see the SAM logo in the display, but it does not have any effect anymore. Even with SAM set to 100%. Am I alone with this problem ?

I don't have this problem, SAM ON/OFF can be seen immediately looking at the woofers (and heard too Smile  ) especially when music played is a double bass. What speakers do you have?
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France