Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
Ok the plot thickens. when I try to uninstall it it says it is still running?? I try again and get the same message.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
OK. I may be getting too far away from what I can guess from the Mac environment, but in for a penny...

If you open Task Manager and look at the Applications tab, or the Processes tab, can you see anything that looks like Devialet AIR?

If you go to the system tray and click on the upward-pointing arrow, it should show any hidden icons. Is there anything there that looks like a Devialet logo?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Ok found the task manager and done that . Then uninstalled and reinstalled again. Then tried to start the app again

Get the attached message
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Did not post
It said

Unable to execute file

Createprocess failed code 740
The requested operation requires elevation
Oh, I think that means you have to run the program with administrator privileges.  Instead of double-clicking, right-click on it and there should be an option to "Run as administrator".

(I assume you do have administrator privileges?  I recall you said this was a work laptop...in which case maybe you might be out of luck?)
Warwickshire, UK
Yes I run my own business so my lap top.

Done as you suggest and again get no response. It says do you want to allow the Dev to make changes to your lap top....I click yes and nothing happens. Its exactly what was happening before.
I wonder whether it is actually installing but you're not seeing anything obvious as a result.

Can you look in Task Manager and the system tray again to see if there's anything running related to Devialet / AIR?

If not, I think I'm out of ideas. Sorry. Hopefully someone who has first-hand experience of setting up AIR on a PC might be able to help you get a bit further.
Warwickshire, UK
it is not running in the task manager. But it does show in the tab behind....processes. along with a lot of others.

Really appreciate the help tonight. Would buy you a pint if you were anywhere near Newcastle.

The 200 is beautiful, with sound to die for but I have to admit I have found it very difficult to set up.
Right, taken the bull by the horns and installed it on my Win 7 laptop.  Should have done so earlier!

I also see a process "DevialetAIR.exe" running in the Task Manager (but not listed as an Application).

If I click on the up-arrow at the left-hand end of the system tray, among the hidden icons there's something that looks like a small, grey Devialet logo:

[Image: Screenshot%202015-03-17%2021.15.32_zpsp1klbl14.png] 

If I click on the Devialet icon, it brings up the AIR application menu:

[Image: Screenshot%202015-03-17%2021.15.35_zpswgle2f6c.png]

Does that work for you too?
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Mar-2015, 22:08)thumb5 Wrote: Right, taken the bull by the horns and installed it on my Win 7 laptop.  Should have done so earlier!

I also see a process "DevialetAIR.exe" running in the Task Manager (but not listed as an Application).

If I click on the up-arrow at the left-hand end of the system tray, among the hidden icons there's something that looks like a small, grey Devialet logo:

[Image: Screenshot%202015-03-17%2021.15.32_zpsp1klbl14.png] 

If I click on the Devialet icon, it brings up the AIR application menu:

[Image: Screenshot%202015-03-17%2021.15.35_zpswgle2f6c.png]

Does that work for you too?
Yes exacltly the same. It says Disable Devialet Air