Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT
Further thoughts regarding nfnc's post. It occurs to me that maybe I like the Aurender sound, as well as liking the results gained by using the AES input. So how good might an Aurender X-100 + Mutec MC3 + USB combination be? All for about £3k less than an N10.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Perhaps the Aurender N100H might be a better bet? LPS instead of SMPS used in the X100.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/auren...Xv70Jlt.97
Hi GuillaumeB, which two box product are you referring to? Many thanks for clarifying.

Viriato0811

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(26-Apr-2016, 06:45)viriato0811 Wrote: Hi GuillaumeB, which two box product are you referring to? Many thanks for clarifying.

Viriato0811

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2967

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks, I missed this.
Thanks for the review @Confused. I am still waiting for an opportunity to audition N1ZH versus N10 in my system at home, via USB as I am using AES/EBU input for from the MSB transport and i am not going to give up teh CD transport just yet. I had a chance to listen to N1A with N1ZH at the dealership here, no critical listening, just over 30 secs via USB and the difference is very obvious. The N1ZH is dead quiet, the output is more refined and I could hear more details due to the much lower noise floor.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Hello guys.

Very interesting comparison.

One small (but important) hint:

The MUTECs (MC-1.2 and MC-3+USB) need a driver for the USB connection. This driver must be installed on the audio server and is only available for Apple OS and the "fullsize" MS Windows OS.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
(04-May-2016, 12:19)Gentleman Wrote: Hello guys.

The MUTECs (MC-1.2 and MC-3+USB) need a driver for the USB connection. This driver must be installed on the audio server and is only available for Apple OS and the "fullsize" MS Windows OS.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

That's a very important hint!  Thanks Jan, the voice of experience is always useful.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

Does that mean that the Melco cannot be used as a server to output via USB to the Mutec MC-3 +USB?
(04-May-2016, 13:32)nfnc Wrote:

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

Does that mean that the Melco cannot be used as a server to output via USB to the Mutec MC-3 +USB?

Unfortunately it does, the same would apply to an Aurender X100 or similar.  So it limits use to computers, and CAPS type music servers running Windows, such as the CAD CAT or similar.