Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Speakers
Good to hear you've finally found your new speakers. Enjoy!
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Excellent choice ;-)
Enjoy the listening.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Great news, Steve! I hope the Olympicas continue to give you lots of pleasure. And thanks for keeping us "in the loop" all the way, it's been good hearing how you reached the decision.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Mar-2016, 23:57)Womaz Wrote: In the end I went for the speaker I enjoyed the most.

Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

That's all that matters.  Was fun to follow too.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes it has been a lot of fun for me too and thank you for all the help and contributions on this thread.
My new speaker journey actually started 18 months ago as I was quite happy with my Musical Fidelity M6 amp, but after a few visots on various forums and a lot of magazine reading I ended up going in another direction. Once I demoed the Devialet at home it was never going back. So i guess the speakers were always next on the agenda. Although I did have to get the Melco N1A so I had reliable music listening.

Delighted with the Olympicas. Out of the box they do sound a little different, and they do have a little brightness. I am assuming and hoping that this will improve as the hours are put on them.
I may consider another bass trap in my room in time, but for now my spending is done. The purchase of my 200 made me realise just how good music could sound, this prompted me to try and improve things further. I feel I have now got a system that I could never have dreamed of owning a few years ago and I am delighted.

Thanks for all the posts and help along the way.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(03-Mar-2016, 09:56)Womaz Wrote: Yes it has been a lot of fun for me too and thank you for all the help and contributions on this thread.
My new speaker journey actually started 18 months ago as I was quite happy with my Musical Fidelity M6 amp, but after a few visots on various forums and a lot of magazine reading I ended up going in another direction. Once I demoed the Devialet at home it was never going back. So i guess the speakers were always next on the agenda. Although I did have to get the Melco N1A so I had reliable music listening.

Delighted with the Olympicas. Out of the box they do sound a little different, and they do have a little brightness. I am assuming and hoping that this will improve as the hours are put on them.
I may consider another bass trap in my room in time, but for now my spending is done. The purchase of my 200 made me realise just how good music could sound, this prompted me to try and improve things further. I feel I have now got a system that I could never have dreamed of owning a few years ago and I am delighted.

Congrats!  Smile I've heard the 200 (and 250) paired with the Olympica 2s a number of times and it's a very good combo. 

Your speakers will definitely settle over the coming months. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Womaz, on a practical note, were you able to trade-in your 23's? Just wondering how many dealers go for a speaker trade-in, and if its worthwhile....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Mar-2016, 10:18)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 09:56)Womaz Wrote: Yes it has been a lot of fun for me too and thank you for all the help and contributions on this thread.

Congrats!  Smile I've heard the 200 (and 250) paired with the Olympica 2s a number of times and it's a very good combo. 

Your speakers will definitely settle over the coming months. 

Guillaume

Thank you. I am also sure they will settle as they do sound different to the demo pair.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(03-Mar-2016, 10:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Womaz, on a practical note, were you able to trade-in your 23's?  Just wondering how many dealers go for a speaker trade-in, and if its worthwhile....

Yes the dealer did take them in. This actually gives me a chance to praise them on here. HiFi Sounds in Stockton have helped me with this and they really did pull out all the stops for me. Had the SFs for 6 weeks at home, also when i wanted to hear the PMCs they went out of their way to get me a pair even though they are not a PMC dealer.

I am about 45 mile from the shop and they made a few trips to deliver the demo speakers too. An excellent customer experience all round.
(03-Mar-2016, 10:35)Womaz Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 10:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Womaz, on a practical note, were you able to trade-in your 23's?  Just wondering how many dealers go for a speaker trade-in, and if its worthwhile....

Yes the dealer did take them in. This actually gives me a chance to praise them on here. HiFi Sounds in Stockton have helped me with this and they really did pull out all the stops for me. Had the SFs for 6 weeks at home, also when i wanted to hear the PMCs they went out of their way to get me a pair even though they are not a PMC dealer.

I am about 45 mile from the shop and they made a few trips to deliver the demo speakers too. An excellent customer experience all round.

Wow that's impressive service. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK