Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Speakers
(04-Mar-2016, 11:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 21:44)Womaz Wrote: Or should I be looking at some better speaker cable ?  Smile  Smile

Or some nice pucks Wink  

(sorry, mustn't mention pucks  Big Grin )

You are all absolutely correct.  Womaz must immediately cease relaxing and enjoying his system until he has found the correct synergy between speaker and power cables, with of course interfacing puck options.  Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives this a go, I don't think we've heard the last from Womaz yet......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(04-Mar-2016, 12:30)Confused Wrote:
(04-Mar-2016, 11:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 21:44)Womaz Wrote: Or should I be looking at some better speaker cable ?  Smile  Smile

Or some nice pucks Wink  

(sorry, mustn't mention pucks  Big Grin )

You are all absolutely correct.  Womaz must immediately cease relaxing and enjoying his system until he has found the correct synergy between speaker and power cables, with of course interfacing puck options.  Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives this a go, I don't think we've heard the last from Womaz yet......

Brilliant Big Grin Big Grin

Here is what I am thinking right now. Wow! How good does my system sound now, so for now no tweaking I dont think.
It is time to sit back and relax. I know I have been on here a lot over the last year but honest that does not mean I have not enjoyed my music. The opposite is true, since purchasing the 200 I can honesty say my music listening has increased massively.
The step up though also made me realise there was so much room for improvement. The addition of the Melco made me have to look at taming the treble in my room as it made my system even more detailed.
Then the speaker upgrade was brought forward and thats now done.
I do confess to being curious about this whole thing now. The Melco was an improvement over AIR which I was delighted about as AIR sounded good enough for me. I did not expect that. The Melco surely is just a hard drive which is optimised for music playback ? Well it worked and improved my system yet again. Why would a simple thing make such a difference?
So I am thinking that as Computer music is really in its early stages then there could be lots of improvements that may come up.
The marketing people at certain places will thrive on this and I am sure some of this will be rubbish, but I believe some of it may not be.
USB isolation for one may be a factor to take on board.....my Melco may even do that, I have no idea, but yes I would not be so silly to ignore all of this. Of course I would need to hear it in my gear first.

@Confused.....you know me well and made me chuckle. Its my nature , I have an obsessive nature, its the way i am. Its 100% or nothing with me. I am like that in most areas of my life I would imagine , not just my Hifi. An example in over 45 years of watching my beloved Newcastle Utd I have missed about 5 home games....I arrange my holidays around the games Big Grin

However where you probably do misunderstand me is that whilst I am obsessing ....I am still thoroughly enjoying my music. The 200 was my first piece of high end kit, and it has blown my mind as to how good music can sound in my own living room.

As for obsessive I am however giving the ultimate prize to Hifi Swlon as his journey with his hifi has me very intrigued and he pips me for the title Big Grin Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Mar-2016, 12:52)Womaz Wrote: As for obsessive I am however giving the ultimate prize to Hifi Swlon as his journey with his hifi has me very intrigued and he pips me for the title  Big Grin  Big Grin

Hahahahaha  Big Grin  Big Grin

Despite really liking music and having always had an interest in hifi, I genuinely never thought of myself as obsessive about hifi, at least until recently.  Frustration has probably driven it!

My Naim system sat unchanged for five years pretty much, and that was (at that time) the best system I'd ever had.  There was the odd thing that bothered me, and it wasn't the ultimate in detail (although I only found that out later), but it was a huge step up from what I'd had previously.  But it was the jump to computer based system, which I did straight after moving house, that seems to have just left me chasing too many variables - none of which seem to result in a sound that I really, really like.  Well, that is to say at least until I discovered Dirac, when I realised the hard (and quite expensive) way that I'd probably been chasing the wrong variables since I moved…

Which is why your posts were even more enjoyable Womaz - as you seem to have achieved not only a sound that you're really happy with in the end - but each step seems to have been carefully chosen to perfection.  I wish I'd been a bit less gung-ho with a big chunk of my journey.

But I'm going to get there, and as much as I like this particular forum (more than all the others), I won't be at all upset when it just becomes a place to read about other peoples adventures, rather than reporting on my own roller-coaster.  And come June I'll probably not have much chance to tinker with the hifi for a while, so whatever it sounds like by that point is probably where it will stay for a bit.  

So perhaps I should just suck it up and whack a $1,500 mains cable on there, it may well be the answer to all my issues. Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

A great reply Smile
I am enjoying your journey too and I look at what you say as you dont pull any punches. I am particularly keen to hear what you think of the Intona?? USB device you have recently purchased.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(04-Mar-2016, 12:52)Womaz Wrote: However where you probably do misunderstand me is that whilst I am obsessing ....I am still thoroughly enjoying my music. The 200 was my first piece of high end kit, and it has blown my mind as to how good music can sound in my own living room.

Funnily enough I understand this perfectly well, because I am not far off the same by nature myself!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi Womaz, congratulations on the SF's!! Enjoy! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Mar-2016, 20:01)Womaz Wrote: I chose the black gloss as they go with my room more than the other two options.
Thank you to all who took an interest in the thread. rather flattered to know so many enjoyed it.

The dealer was excellent, not sure about the wine though as I imagine he made a very good margin on these.....I didnt ask for any discount as I thought it would be cheeky after the service i have had.

Congrats!

I hv mine delivered last Saturday but I did not hv much time to listen them as I had an evening flight. Will be back home tomorrow to enjoy them. I hv not tested but from what I read from here, I pretty much look forward to upgrade into 400s.

[Image: 85ba2d58ec00351cce071f0ee55b439f.jpg]
They are a lovely looking speaker , when I work out how to get some photos on this forum without the file size being too big, I will start a thread about my system with a few photos.

My cables are a mess though!
(04-Mar-2016, 15:29)archer75 Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 20:01)Womaz Wrote: I chose the black gloss as they go with my room more than the other two options.
Thank you to all who took an interest in the thread. rather flattered to know so many enjoyed it.

The dealer was excellent, not sure about the wine though as I imagine he made a very good margin on these.....I didnt ask for any discount as I thought it would be cheeky after the service i have had.

Congrats!

I hv mine delivered last Saturday but I did not hv much time to listen them as I had an evening flight. Will be back home tomorrow to enjoy them. I hv not tested but from what I read from here, I pretty much look forward to upgrade into 400s.

[Image: 85ba2d58ec00351cce071f0ee55b439f.jpg]

Oh my, no offense but please tell me you'll find a way to remove that couch/relocate the speakers or only directed them this way to take a picture including it's side. They're radiating into the couch in this picture.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Congrats Womaz with an excellent choice! Looking forward to see some pictures.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands