Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New prices for upgrade programme to Expert Pro with Core Infinity
You can find the old prices here:
https://web.archive.org/web/202005141546...o-upgrade/
Back in 2016 I paid £3490 to have my D400 upgraded to 440 Pro CI. 
It’s no cheaper now than it was then, in fact it’s £109 dearer.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel the prices are in Euro currency.

For example, your upgrade was 5.999 last month but now it is 3.999 (3.599 UK pound)

The latest upgrade price was crazy high and at least for me the current ones emotional (logically) OK.
(11-Jul-2020, 09:23)ada Wrote: @Axel the prices are in Euro currency.

For example, your upgrade was 5.999 last month but now it is 3.999 (3.599 UK pound)

The latest upgrade price was crazy high and at least for me the current ones emotional (logically) OK.
Thanks. I’ve edited my post to reflect your correction.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Jul-2020, 05:26)no32 Wrote: David, any thoughts about the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't thought about the price for 2 reasons. The obvious one is that my amp is an Expert Pro so the upgrade is irrelevant for me.

The second reason, related to @ada's post, is that I don't think we can read anything about Devialet's future intentions for the Expert Pro range from the change in price for the upgrades. I can't see it as indicating an impending end to the Expert Pro range because people who upgrade get a new 5 year guarantee on their amps and that means more Expert Pros for which they are going to have responsibilities for another 5 years. I would have thought that more people with warranties extending for the next 5 years is the last thing they'd want if they were going to terminate the range. It might be more in their interests, if they want to terminate the range, to ensure that they have fewer Expert Pros with guarantees current for the next 5 years than more of them.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A that’s one of the ways to read the situation and I want to believe that your scenario is the one Devialet is moving forward. But wouldn’t it be nice and better as a selling point if they have released a newsletter and told us something like: it is time to upgrade, the new CI capabilities are coming in {date}... Don’t miss any of these great features {feature list}

But the other way of seeing the upgrade is: there are lots of upgrade hardware kit sitting in the corner (probably costs less than 400 Euro per unit) and they are looking for making profit from these kits instead of trashing them (who will upgrade if the line is discontinued). And as we all very well know their warranty is only for hardware Big Grin not for the software means that they will still have the hardware support capabilities because of the Phantom production lines even if it is for 5 years.

Anyway, I am tired of them already, let’s wait (hopefully not another 2 years) and see what will happen. I want to upgrade my 220 and be a happy Devialet owner, but god sake they need to show some love to their product first haha.
(11-Jul-2020, 09:12)Axel Wrote: Back in 2016 I paid £3490 to have my D400 upgraded to 440 Pro CI. 
It’s no cheaper now than it was then, in fact it’s £109 dearer.

In December 2018, It costed 3499€ to upgrade Devialet 200 to 220Pro. It is much cheaper(2390) now.
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
This is great news and to my eyes a clear sign that Devialet is still working on the Expert range.

Trying to generate additional revenue by adjusting the pricing to the expectation of the market is something you do when a product is still alive.

The new pricing sounds right.

It’s also a good sign for possible future paid updates. Devialet never said that CI was the last hardware update ever. There could be more. That would be bad news for competition considering that very few amps approach the level of the current Experts.

On another positive note, my contact in Devialet support is telling me they are making progress with the identification and correction of the network issues with Raat. Without a release date yet but it’s still encouraging. Now July and August in France after the covid are going to be quiet months so we will see. Wink

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I emailed Devialet last Thursday asking about the upgrade but so far I had one response from a bot saying they’ll be in touch with me

Is his is normal behavior of Devialet , not to response ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be surprised if their regular support agents were aware about the detailed status of the current beta firmware development.

I agree they should still answer though. :-)

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1