Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA - iOS 14 Beta & Remote App
(19-Sep-2020, 00:43)aftonomos Wrote:
(18-Sep-2020, 08:44)haber Wrote: I asked Devialet, and here is the answer I recieived  regarding the remote app and IOS 14:

"Many thanks for reaching out.

Please kindly hold off on updating to iOs 14 for now if you rely on the remote APP a lot. Once your phone is updated to iOs 14, the app ceases working.

Regarding if and when we will update the remote APP to be compatible with the new iOs, please allow me to get back to you as more information comes to hand."

"Regarding if and when ..." ! WTF?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...rt-warning
That support warning is about the Phantom app i belive. The app for Expert has a different version number.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
Indeed. Devialet previously stated that there will be no support anymore for the Expert app so question is onw will Devialet let it's Expert customer in the cold or not.
We don't have any reason to believe they will fix this.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Just got this response from Devialet

I trust you are well. We are well aware of this iOS non compatibility. We are working on providing a compatible version soon.
The dev. toolkit has only been made available for developers a few days ago.

BR

Don't know if this is BS or not. Every other app on my phone works with iOS 14.
220 Pro CI,  B&W 805 D3,  SVS ultra sub with upgrade.  Streaming with Sirius XM and Tidal
The current app is over 3 years old. Hard to imagine that it would take a lot of effort to get it to function under IOS 14... Simple 4 steps:

1) Assign it to a dev
2) Fix it
3) Test it
4) Release it

Got a feeling they're stuck on #1...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
They have been stuck on #1 for about 4 years now. I want this fixed as I use the app to power on the Pro when I am using the AV amp. It’s simpler to see and operate than the supplied controller.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(18-Sep-2020, 08:44)haber Wrote: I asked Devialet, and here is the answer I recieived  regarding the remote app and IOS 14:

"Many thanks for reaching out.

Please kindly hold off on updating to iOs 14 for now if you rely on the remote APP a lot. Once your phone is updated to iOs 14, the app ceases working.

Regarding if and when we will update the remote APP to be compatible with the new iOs, please allow me to get back to you as more information comes to hand."

This is clear from their response, they have no intention of updating it, they were very clear in using the word “IF” that would not have been used if they intending to do an update.....

Basically we’re all f* ked..... thank you Devialet, 

They’ll still continue to sell the expert pro’ though.
I posted this in another thread, but here it is again...

I updated my iPhone to IOS 14 and, sure enough, the Devialet Expert Remote app no longer worked. On a lark, I deleted it and then re-downloaded it. It now works!

One thing I noted.... in the App Store, it says the latest version is v1.8.4 which is quite strange because on the Devialet site it says latest is 1.8.3. But, after downloading, if you go into Settings and open Expert
In the list of apps, that still says v1.8.3.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
Doh! I got it to work on my iPhone but it will not work on my iPad. So frustrating!
Durham, NC USA
FWIW: I updated my iphone to iOS 14, noticed the Devialet remote app no longer worked, then did as described above (deleted the app and re-downloaded it). Still doesn't work for me...