Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom > Homecinema
Soooo, any news? I'm a bit unpatient, I would really like to have a Phantom as a TV speaker without the lip sync issues.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have dual Silvers with Dialog and I have my left Phantom's optical input hooked to my TV speaker using the TV's optical out and i don't see any delays. My Silvers are running using PLC mode.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Also keen to hear news on this.

I have stereo phantoms and a 5:1 system and would love to combine.
(06-Mar-2016, 21:11)ragwo Wrote: Soooo, any news? I'm a bit unpatient, I would really like to have a Phantom as a TV speaker without the lip sync issues.

I have tv into sky box with hdmi then sky box into optical switch into dialogue 

No delays for me - and it's incredible how they project the sound as mine are 6 - 10 ft from the tv and I swear the voices are coming from the TV
I'm confused - use Google and still nothing news about this home cinema demo
So, what a secret? When we may read any news about that? Wink
Still waiting on some news. For me the lack of Home Theater integration is the only thing holding me (and a few of my buddies) from buying the Phantoms - even though I plan on using them for stereo listening most of the time.
For what it's worth, I am using a Mac Mini (OSX Yosemite) to play content to a home theater projector, and the mini connects to a pair of Phantom Silver via it's native bluetooth adapter. There is virtually no delay...and if there is, it's almost imperceptible.
I've sent a request to Devialet support asking for info about the event. Hopefully they will give me an thorough answer.
My Phantom Voyage
(07-Mar-2016, 04:56)trashken Wrote: I have dual Silvers with Dialog and I have my left Phantom's optical input hooked to my TV speaker using the TV's optical out and i don't see any delays. My Silvers are running using PLC mode.

By me excact the same line up and also no delays
First, kudos to Devialet support for answering quickly Smile
So for the not so good news. They bypassed both Spark and Dialog during the demo and used what Devialet calls a professional setup with a special box to distribute the signal to the speakers. This box is not available for customers, so will just have to wait for another solution.
My Phantom Voyage