Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote volume not working
Hello my old friends
As stated above the volume wheel has stopped working on my 200 remote
It’s not the batteries as I have already eliminated this .
It’s happened on a couple of occasions but I have in the past sorted this by cleaning the remote as per a video posted on here

This time the cleaning has not fixed the issue.
Has anyone got any ideas or am I now needing a new remote ……..that’s if I can get one of course
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Have you tried re-pairing the remote with the amp.

From the manual:

"In the event of connection loss between the remote control and your Expert, bring the remote control closer to your device and turn the volume up and down until both devices are automatically recognised."

I hope that helps.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(07-Apr-2023, 20:39)David A Wrote: Have you tried re-pairing the remote with the amp.

From the manual:

"In the event of connection loss between the remote control and your Expert, bring the remote control closer to your device and turn the volume up and down until both devices are automatically recognised."

I hope that helps.

Hi David
I did try this also.
The input buttons are working so the remote is paired , thanks for the input though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Can anyone offer any guidance? I have tried everyting I can think of now. Re pairing the remote, cleaning , replacing the batteries etc.
I have contacted Support, and I am waiting for a response.
OK, one other suggestion and it's unlikely to be the answer but it's the only thing I can think of.

Have you created a new configuration lately, just before the remote stopped working? If so, did you mistakenly set the input you're using to "Pass Through"? That setting disables the internal volume control for the amp so you then control volume from the input device.

Seeing you said that you can cycle through inputs this suggests that you're using more than one input and would have to have made the same mistake for each input if the volume control is not working for all inputs which is why I don't think this is the case but there is one other possibility where it may be the case if you're using ethernet as the sole input.

I'm unfamiliar with the Expert range, I have an Expert Pro and I use ethernet as my sole input. When I press the input button my Expert Pro cycles through a number of different streaming options. I don't know if that is the case with your 200 but if it is, the Pass Through option for ethernet input in the Configurator is in the Special Modes section of the Ethernet configurator panel so you should check that in the Configurator.

As I said, it's unlikely to be the problem but it's the only way I can think of for the volume control of the remote to be ineffective if the remote is paired and working properly otherwise.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Hello again Womaz, good to hear from you (even if under less than ideal circumstances).

Given that the remote is paired and the buttons are working, I suspect the problem is likely to be internal to the rotary sensor. If I remember correctly it relies on a rubber or polymer friction ring to transfer the rotary action of the knob to an electronic encoder. If the remote is getting on a bit, maybe that ring has shrunk a little so that it's no longer making proper physical contact with the encoder properly and needs to be replaced. Or perhaps the encoder itself has given up. Either way, I suspect your best bet is to have Devialet repair it, if possible.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-Apr-2023, 20:53)David A Wrote: OK, one other suggestion and it's unlikely to be the answer but it's the only thing I can think of.

Have you created a new configuration lately, just before the remote stopped working? If so, did you mistakenly set the input you're using to "Pass Through"? That setting disables the internal volume control for the amp so you then control volume from the input device.

Seeing you said that you can cycle through inputs this suggests that you're using more than one input and would have to have made the same mistake for each input if the volume control is not working for all inputs which is why I don't think this is the case but there is one other possibility where it may be the case if you're using ethernet as the sole input.

I'm unfamiliar with the Expert range, I have an Expert Pro and I use ethernet as my sole input. When I press the input button my Expert Pro cycles through a number of different streaming options. I don't know if that is the case with your 200 but if it is, the Pass Through option for ethernet input in the Configurator is in the Special Modes section of the Ethernet configurator panel so you should check that in the Configurator.

As I said, it's unlikely to be the problem but it's the only way I can think of for the volume control of the remote to be ineffective if the remote is paired and working properly otherwise.

No I haven’t used the configurator for years . Thanks for trying to help though.
(10-Apr-2023, 21:15)thumb5 Wrote: Hello again Womaz, good to hear from you (even if under less than ideal circumstances).

Given that the remote is paired and the buttons are working, I suspect the problem is likely to be internal to the rotary sensor. If I remember correctly it relies on a rubber or polymer friction ring to transfer the rotary action of the knob to an electronic encoder. If the remote is getting on a bit, maybe that ring has shrunk a little so that it's no longer making proper physical contact with the encoder properly and needs to be replaced. Or perhaps the encoder itself has given up. Either way, I suspect your best bet is to have Devialet repair it, if possible.

Hello my old friend . Well yes I reached out to Devialet and they have offered to repair it.
Sod’s Law though . It’s not been working for about a month. So I cleaned it thoroughly about 3 or 4 days ago and still had no joy. It just would not work .
Then tonight it has mysteriously started working again. Baffling ……but content for now.
Thanks for your help as always .
(07-Apr-2023, 08:41)Womaz Wrote: Hello my old friends
It’s happened on a couple of occasions but I have in the past sorted this by cleaning the remote as per a video posted on here

Has anyone got any ideas or am I now needing a new remote ……..that’s if I can get one of course

In the past, I have fixed a similar problem by doing a hard reset of the amplifier by unplugging and replugging the power cord and letting it reboot.
(13-May-2023, 18:27)lpuncel Wrote:
(07-Apr-2023, 08:41)Womaz Wrote: Hello my old friends

In the past, I have fixed a similar problem by doing a hard reset of the amplifier by unplugging and replugging the power cord and letting it reboot.

Yes.  I had to do that also, along with the procedure to set the remote on the amp and turn the knob. That brought it back
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB