Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote volume not working
I have just had a thought
How does the Devialet remote work? I assume its just like other remotes and its like innfra red or something?

Or is it working on my Wifi? I ask this as my Wifi password was changed about a year ago and on my configurater it is still showing the old one. It does not explain why it has just stopped working now I guess but the thought did cross my mind.

I dont have an SD card reader on my new lap top so I cant change the settings to the SD card.

Or am I totally barking up the wrong tree here? I do have a support ticket in with Devialet too
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(27-Dec-2023, 13:50)Womaz Wrote: I have just had a thought
How does the Devialet remote work? I assume its just like other remotes and its like innfra red or something?

Or is it working on my Wifi? I ask this as my Wifi password was changed about a year ago and on my configurater it is still showing the old one. It does not explain why it has just stopped working now I guess but the thought did cross my mind.

I dont have an SD card reader on my new lap top so I cant change the settings to the SD card.

Or am I totally barking up the wrong tree here? I do have a support ticket in with Devialet too

The remote control uses radio waves (not infrared or Wi-Fi), and in the configurator there is a separate section for activating/deactivating the remote control (separate from the Wi-Fi section).
From what I understand, your remote control did not work with the default factory settings, so it is not a configuration problem. It is a problem either with the remote control or with the amplifier.
Don't you have a dealer in the area where you can try the remote control with another amplifier and the amplifier with another remote control?

(27-Dec-2023, 14:24)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(27-Dec-2023, 13:50)Womaz Wrote: I have just had a thought

The remote control uses radio waves (not infrared or Wi-Fi), and in the configurator there is a separate section for activating/deactivating the remote control (separate from the Wi-Fi section).
From what I understand, your remote control did not work with the default factory settings, so it is not a configuration problem. It is a problem either with the remote control or with the amplifier.
Don't you have a dealer in the area where you can try the remote control with another amplifier and the amplifier with another remote control?

Hi
Thanks so much for your help on this thread.
You have cleared up that doubt in my mind. I dont have a local dealer who stocks the Devialet unfortunatley.

I am in contact with Devilaet support so I will see what they suggest.

This initially happened in April this year. Devialet offered to repair my remote or to replace it with a new one. Then a week later the remote just started to work again .....baffling.

I will wait to see hoiw they can help me , but your help and input is very much appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England