Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAMmed speakers für 1000Pro?
I have a Dual 1000 Pro and consider changing my speakers. Presently I have Ayon Goshawk where I like the porcelaine drivers andd their clear painting of contours. I am searching an analytical speaker that has a SAM profile in the affordable range. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/expert-pr...rs/marten/
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/expert-pr...r-akustik/
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/expert-pr...s/vimberg/
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/expert-pr...acoustics/
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(19-Feb-2024, 18:00)Mohmm Wrote: I have a Dual 1000 Pro and consider changing my speakers. Presently I have Ayon Goshawk where I like the porcelaine drivers andd their clear painting of contours. I am searching an analytical speaker that has a SAM profile in the affordable range. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

FWIW:

I'm using ATC SCM 40V2 Speakers with SAM, which is an extremely excellent sounding combination.  The SAM really opens up the soundstage with depth and height.  The ATC speakers tend to be analytical across the board, as they are used extensively for mixing/mastering.  The SCM 40 V2 gets the mix between analytical and musical right, especially with the Devialet Expert Pro amps.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Thanks for the recommendations.
IMHO, a second hand Magico A5 would be best in ratio of price/performance, the smaller A3 does it well, also.
New favorite has become Boerresen speaker from Denmark including their Aavik electronic components.
Developer is the Gryphon founder, Mr. Rasmussen. These are worth a look, but not SAMed.
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
To me the best speakers I've heard remain Wilson Benesch at the same level of high end Magico.

They are both supper accurate without being clinical.
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I know it's all about personal taste, having tried lot's of speakers in the past, even big Tannoy's, Reference 3A Grand Veena's, PenAudio and Klipsch LaScala etc., the speaker I'll highly recommend with the Expert Pro1000 is the Yamaha NS5000. Big powerfull sound, lot's of pressure, pretty neutral and big soundstage. Looks are a bit retro, even with the metall grills but it's the speaker that stopped me looking for alternatives... For me (and I know it's personal) that's a big compliment for a speaker. Ofcourse Devialet does support this speaker with a SAM-profile.
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
Can I suggest another option - a special feature of the Devialet platform is the ability to create digital crossovers in the amps to run active speakers.

Your D1000s would work with Kudos 707 actively - it was a huge upgrade for me as I moved them from passive configuration. If you can find a dealer near you I would strongly recommend a demo.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(17-Apr-2024, 17:52)DUTCHDevialet Wrote: I know it's all about personal taste, having tried lot's of speakers in the past, even big Tannoy's, Reference 3A Grand Veena's, PenAudio and Klipsch LaScala etc., the speaker I'll highly recommend with the Expert Pro1000 is the Yamaha NS5000. Big powerfull sound, lot's of pressure, pretty neutral and big soundstage. Looks are a bit retro, even with the metall grills but it's the speaker that stopped me looking for alternatives... For me (and I know it's personal) that's a big compliment for a speaker. Ofcourse Devialet does support this speaker with a SAM-profile.

How exciting! I had thought that I might be the only person in the world using NS5000s with Expert Pro CI 1000's. The 'speakers garnered very favourable reviews on release, yet I hear and read little about them these days and was able to secure mine, ex-dem, at just under half price 30 months ago.

I have vaguely considered a subwoofer,  but Yamaha do not make a matching unit for the 5000. Any thoughts?

Fraser
(25-Apr-2024, 20:51)fraserhadden Wrote: I have vaguely considered a subwoofer,  but Yamaha do not make a matching unit for the 5000. Any thoughts?

Fraser

I'm using two 18" Triad Inroom Platinum subs and they're very easy to like. Here are my points.

1. Get them in any colour or veneer you want.

2. Seperate amplifiers.

3. Very well built cabinet and driver.

4. The amps are fully adjustable via Ethernet from your listening seat. To me, anyone buying subs nowadays without either an app or Ethernet connection isn't getting their money's worth. Adjusting on the fly whilst listening shouldn't be underestimated.

5. No 180 degree phase switch but a proper fully adjustable delay function. This to me is a must! 
This is how I implemented mine. I put a 20 millisecond delay in the speakers in the Expert. That means that from there on, the subs are practically 'in front'. Then I used a 40Hz tone and started changing the sub's delay until I had the loudest sound. i.e. the subs and speakers were working in phase. I then took the delay time from the subs and deducted it from the delay I had set for the speakers. mine came out at 12.5 milliseconds. I then set the 12.5 millisecond delay in the Expert and the subs back to zero. Now I had perfectly time alligned subs. The end result is that I now have the subs set to a lower volume level then when they weren't properly aligned and I get more punchy bass. 

My best advice for anyone looking into subwoofers:
I would always use two subs. There's this miss information on the net that subs can't be located because the low frequencies are omni directional. That low frequencies are omni directional is true, but it ignores the harmonics. Dutch research showed that a sub in the middle of a circle was easily located to about half a metre due to the harmonics. Those harmonics help with soundstage depth. 

Make sure there's remote control, either via an app or Ethernet.

Most importantly, get some with proper phase or delay adjustment. manufacturers who use 180 degree phase switches are stuck in the 90's and it's time they catch up. The difference between a phase aligned sub and one a bit out of phase is easily heard. If you don't have the option on your sub, you'll never know what you're missing out on.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.