Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark on Windows 10 crashes instantly
I have tried versions 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 and both crash immediately on start-up on Windows 10. Nothing else is misbehaving on my system so this is quite weird. I see the following in the event viewer

Faulting application name: Spark.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56211c42
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.20, time stamp: 0x5654262a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002f30c
Faulting process ID: 0x53bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d156a6bf000870
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\Spark.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 4f613335-b8b9-4843-b03e-957734323e22
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone have any ideas on how to debug this? ntdll.dll is used by many many other things, but crashes normally point to aspects like incompatible/conflicting drivers. But everything else is working.....
Just to follow-up on this. I found if I pull the network cable out of the PC, and try to start it, that it then comes up with a "searching" dialogue. If I then reconnect the network cable, it finds the Dialog/Phantom and shows the full interface.....for 10 seconds....and then crashes again. I have logged a ticket with Devialet.
(25-Jan-2016, 13:39)jonstatt Wrote: Just to follow-up on this. I found if I pull the network cable out of the PC, and try to start it, that it then comes up with a "searching" dialogue. If I then reconnect the network cable, it finds the Dialog/Phantom and shows the full interface.....for 10 seconds....and then crashes again. I have logged a ticket with Devialet.

Exactly same issue with windows 7 home premium and to this date since last 3 months havent been able to get this working.
Have you tried to run Spark in compatability mode with Windows 7 or 8? Which computer are you using?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Jan-2016, 22:41)ragwo Wrote: Have you tried to run Spark in compatability mode with Windows 7 or 8? Which computer are you using?

Yes I did indeed try that but it didn't make any difference. It's a high end PC with Intel i7 5820k , Asus Rampage V extreme, 2*GTX 980 cards, 16 GB DDR4 RAM. I am fairly sure the crash is an unhandled exception because it is detecting something it doesn't recognise or know how to handle.....no idea what though.
Have you tried to run Spark in safe mode? Might be a long shot.
My Phantom Voyage
I have Spark 1.1.4, 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 on my computer, just PM me your email address and you'll get the files.
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Jan-2016, 23:49)ragwo Wrote: I have Spark 1.1.4, 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 on my computer, just PM me your email address and you'll get the files.

I did try safe mode but it didn't help. I am very grateful for the chance to try older versions, although I am not all that hopeful, so will send you a PM. Thank you!