Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me from making a mistake...
Back on the topic of sound quality. Samurai, have you had a chance to do a comparison yet? After all, McIntosh doesn't have AIR (either) so for comparison that can be taken out of the equation
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yes Samurai I am intrigued too ......did you follow this up?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
UPDATE...

Since I first wrote my original post, I auditioned and compared the McIntosh MAC6700 stereo receiver to my Devialet 200 on three separate occasions and finally decide to stay with my Devialet.

In A/B comparisons, I found the Devialet to provide more detail and much better bass response [especially with SAM] with my ProAc Response D30R speakers. The McIntosh was also very nice but a little darker/duller than the Devialet. However, after all these years, I still love the McIntosh look and their gear is built solid as a tank & made to last a lifetime.

In my personal opinion, I found the MAC6700 stereo receiver well priced for what you get but the MCD550 CD player and MT5 turntable are way too expensive. You can get much better gear for their asking prices but for someone who wants the same look all-around, you'll need to pay a premium.

On my third visit, I did a quick audition of the McIntosh speakers (XR50 & XR100) and was not impressed with them.

So, for now, I'm staying with my current system! Big Grin