Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streamer Options for Devialet 120
(11-Nov-2015, 07:45)k1282 Wrote: Ok.

Regardig toslink: according to the Devialet Website the toslink input can handle 24/192.

Regardig Node2: when playing music, would the node DAC be used or will the Devialet DAC be used for Streaming music?

Toslink is very finicky in playing 24/192. The first time when I connect my Bluesound Node via Toslink to Le200 playing 24/192, it failed to play. When I asked Devialet support, they told me toslink can only support up to 24/96. After I, accidentally, adjusted my toslink cable, I was managed to play 24/192 music, I just leave it alone.

If you use the RCA out from the Node 2, you will be using Node's DAC. Optical Coax and toslink out to your Devialet, you will be using your Le120's DAC.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I have bought the Auralic Aries Mini - it sounds great (especially for the price). And no AIR noises anymore !
I guess u r using it with your iOS device.

I am considering it but The lightning DS APP on my android Tablet and android phone just wont Start. It just crashes The Moment I start it.
(13-Nov-2015, 23:25)k1282 Wrote: I guess u r using it with your iOS device.

I am considering it but The lightning DS APP on my android Tablet and android phone just wont Start. It just crashes The Moment I start it.

Yes I don´t use android devices...
I am sure I read somewhere that Auralic were not supporting the app on android devices?

Sure I read it on a forum somewhere
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(13-Nov-2015, 23:25)k1282 Wrote: I guess u r using it with your iOS device.

I stopped using the Lightning app after Auralic anounced that they wont continue develope it on Android, changed to Bubble and that works really good with my Aries.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(10-Nov-2015, 01:25)hk6230 Wrote: If you are not in China, then I would recommend Bluesound Node 2.
I just upgraded from Bluesound Node 1 to Node 2 and find the results quite good.  I am now using the new coax out (previously I was using the optical out, the only S/PDIF connection available) and the SQ has leaped up, to the point where even my wife says she can hear the difference.  I understand that Bluesound soon will be upgrading the app (I use the iOS app) but I find the current version quite easy.  One very nice feature is that you can assemble playlists from streaming services (I use Tidal and Spotify) with your computer music (you can access your computer music via shared folders).  The new form factor is also nice: smaller footprint and more elegant looking device.  I think one of the reasons that the coax connection works better -- aside from the implicit sonic advantages of coax over optical -- is that I am now able to use a complete loom of Acoustic Systems International cables in my system (power, speaker and coax).
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I am in a similar situation. Aurelic Aries Mini was my first choice until I heard about the stopping of app development for android. Stupid decision going after mass market but neglecting 80% of devices...

Anyway, without Dialog compatablity there is no perfect solution for android users at the moment. Therefore I bought the incredibly cheap, brandnew Chromecast Audio from Google. It is attached digitally optically to the Devialet.

Chromecast Audio:

Pros:
-super easy to use, it just works (Goggle knows how to make software)
-app support is great (Bubble uPnp for flac-streaming from NAS, Youtube, dedicated Streaming Apps form Spotify etc)
-multiroom
-absolutely no drop outs, super stable, exeptional wifi-reception
-incredibly cheap

Cons:
-at the moment there is a software issue, which Google promises to fix with the next firmware, re-sampling all content to 48khz
-until this is fixed, the sound quality is not perfect. but even with this resampling in place, streaming flacs from NAS sound very close to Air
(24-Nov-2015, 16:49)Flashman Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 01:25)hk6230 Wrote: If you are not in China, then I would recommend Bluesound Node 2.
I just upgraded from Bluesound Node 1 to Node 2 and find the results quite good.  I am now using the new coax out (previously I was using the optical out, the only S/PDIF connection available) and the SQ has leaped up, to the point where even my wife says she can hear the difference.  I understand that Bluesound soon will be upgrading the app (I use the iOS app) but I find the current version quite easy.  One very nice feature is that you can assemble playlists from streaming services (I use Tidal and Spotify) with your computer music (you can access your computer music via shared folders).  The new form factor is also nice: smaller footprint and more elegant looking device.  I think one of the reasons that the coax connection works better -- aside from the implicit sonic advantages of coax over optical -- is that I am now able to use a complete loom of Acoustic Systems International cables in my system (power, speaker and coax).

Interesting to read Bluesound Node-2 showing true difference. I m on Bluesound Node-1 (reco from HK Smile ) will check that out.

the App on Bluesound was not great initially. Now they are working on it with good sequences of upgrade. Now personally i like Bluesound. The makers of Bluesound is from NAD and they have good experience.

BTW I liked the Node-2 looks too. Compact.

Ideally i would have liked Devialet to make Dialog made to be used for Expert series too - Its also easy to make them to be used for Expert series. Anyways this topic is huge elsewhere asked and answered millions of times ... Tongue
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"