Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
Yes I can understand that. Mine are both plugged into a Silver Circle Audio Power Conditioner. So I power that down at night which in turn powers off the Devialets completely.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(18-May-2016, 04:00)Ron D Wrote: I'll leave the rca/xlr in place for the distant future I have no need to access the extra inputs on the Companion. I was just trying to discern all available options to reduce the operating temperature of the Companion.

I may however decide to pull the plug from the wall to negate the warmer than expected "when completely off" internal temperature of the Companion. Its a little disconcerting that its that warm despite being turned off.

Ron D, are you using the RCA/XLR cable as your Master-Companion link because it sounds better than RCA/RCA or for other reasons?

As to the temperature, Devialet doesn't provide an "off" state even though they call it that they still leave a lot powered (and thus wasting power as heat) in what they call "off". If you get annoyed unplugging your Devialet every night please join me in asking Devialet for a true off state (ask them directly). Thanks.
There have been a few comments made by members here that they are pleased using the RCA/XLR method of tying the units together so I figured for less than $100 investment from a custom cable manufacturer here in Canada I thought I'd try it. I don't have any real feel in comparing it to the stock single ended Crystal Cable provided with the Companion as of yet and given the cables are of a different build I'm not sure it would be an apples to apples comparison anyway...

I did open a ticket with Devialet support and they've asked for the temperature readings which I have provided both at start up and after 30 minutes playing time.

I'll update after they get back to me.

Thanks again for all the help you guys!

Ron
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T
I connect my Ds together with an RCA/XLR connector without trigger cable. I am able to use the two RCA outputs next to the XLR connector on the companion as Pre-outs to power my headphones.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well I got the pre-out function working but cannot cut the speakers out when I listen to headphones. Is there a quick fix in the remote settings?

I checked my prior configurations when it was just a 200 and the phones worked and speakers didn't but I cannot see anything different from how I have it at present....
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T
With trigger cable between Master and Companion, do I lose the ability to connect the trigger cable from my prepro to master?

In order to make life simpler for others at home, I run the trigger cable from prepro to D200 and switch the input to Bypass for watching Movies/TV. But when I get the companion, can I still use the second trigger cable to keep the temp down? Do I need to run the trigger from Prepro to slave's 'trigger in' now?
(23-Aug-2016, 23:46)sam1000 Wrote: With trigger cable between Master and Companion, do I lose the ability to connect the trigger cable from my prepro to master?

In order to make life simpler for others at home, I run the trigger cable from prepro to D200 and switch the input to Bypass for watching Movies/TV. But when I get the companion, can I still use the second trigger cable to keep the temp down? Do I need to run the trigger from Prepro to slave's 'trigger in' now?
Hi Sam

Might be a good idea to write a detailed signature so that we can see your equipment chain. Not sure what you mean by "prepro" for example. Smile

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ok. Signature updated. I meant preamp-processor :-) which is Marantz 8802A.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Tried to configure so that I could use the Trigger cable but to my amazement, I just couldn't get any of the inputs on the Companion enabled. I did enable the setting (see attachment) but in spite, the inputs are all Gray ... 

Please Help ... and much appreciated in advance !! 

[img][Image: Config_1.png][/img][img][Image: Config_2.png][/img]

===============================================

another question :  

I would like to correctly implement the RCA-to-AES/EBU digital link thats used to combine the Master & Companion units. 

Master :  RCA male plug

Companion :  XLR male plug

Cable :  Should this be a 75Ω cable OR a 110Ω cable ???
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
"Cable :  Should this be a 75Ω cable OR a 110Ω cable ???"

Well there are two schools of thought on this. Some on this board use a 75Ω cable, others such as myself use a 110Ω cable.

I got mine from DH Labs. ( They will make it either way )

Cabledyn also makes one for the Devialet and it is 75Ω cable.

http://www.cabledyne.com/devialet.html
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US