Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal remote with D-Premier
Hi all,

I've just purchased a D-Premier and am trying to incorporate it into my HT setup. I have a Logitech Harmony One universal remote and I was advised by Devialet support before purchasing that I should be able to use a universal remote with the DP. The Logitech does have a profile for the DP available and I've loaded it onto the remote. However, the DP doesn't seem to respond to any of the IR commands from the remote. Has anyone else used this combination successfully or are there any suggestions? I'm on the latest firmware which is 9.0.1.

I contacted Devialet support but they advised me to read the RS232 automation document which I don't think really helps for an IR remote. Have contacted them again but have not received a response yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
Devialets are not IR enabled. There is no IR receiver installed. Someone correct me if I am wrong as the web site has a Byzantine organization when it comes to finding obscure information.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
The D-Premier is the only model equipped with an IR receiver. Devialet have confirmed this plus it's mentioned in most of the online reviews.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk
I am fairly sure that the IR remote capability had to be activated in the configurator. The default was off IIRC.
It is a long time since I looked but sadly it does seem that the feature to engage it is missing from the latest configurator, though that could be that I just have not found the correct place in the menus to do it.
That would be really irritating to me if I had not updated (and I often wish I had not) since it was one feature I regret them dropping (along with HDMI).
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Thanks. I've been looking at the configurator tool as well but can't find anything related to the infrared port. I'd be pretty annoyed if they disabled it as I explicitly asked Devialet about it prior to purchase. It's also one of the main reasons I chose it over the D200. Can anyone confirm if it's now been made unavailable?

Maybe a request for a link to an older version of the configurator to Devialey help???
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Jan-2016, 05:10)jyeung80 Wrote: The D-Premier is the only model equipped with an IR receiver. Devialet have confirmed this plus it's mentioned in most of the online reviews.

Thank you. I have never read a D-Premier review. I didn't become interested until the D120 and 200 series were introduced.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I believe support for the IR sensor was removed as from a certain software version
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
It is a shame, and maybe an oversight from a Devialet newbie - they have expanded a lot - who did not know much about the evolution of the product. Having a useful feature in an established product which can no longer be used because of a careless software update seems a bit daft to me.
I would imagine a request to support would be looked on sympathetically by the more established employees.
Oxfordshire

(16-Jan-2016, 20:07)iamwappie Wrote: I believe support for the IR sensor was removed as from a certain software version
Do u happen to know which version and if it's possible to rollback to that version? I understand I'd also lose some of the fixes & enhancements since then.