Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(02-Aug-2015, 12:57)thumb5 Wrote:
(02-Aug-2015, 12:14)Will03 Wrote: so far the sound stage expand and more coherence. get closer to d200 now. currenty busy to fine tune my system. but lazy to ask dev marketing guy by email.

btw ive found that the config file can be edited by win notepad by yourself. many setting can be easily read and change without using configurator.

Yes, you can edit the config file in any text editor.  However its content includes a CRC which the amplifier checks before applying the settings in the config file - this is a safety check to prevent mis-configuration that could damage the amplifier or speakers.  So I had understood that changing the file in a text editor (without updating the CRC) would result in a config file that the amplifier would not load.

From what you say, though, either the amplifier is no longer checking the CRC or you have found a way to update the CRC to match other changes to the configuration file.  Please let us know either way.
Thumb you are correct system wouldn't load user edited cfg but there many hints to see their parameters.
(02-Aug-2015, 14:58)Will03 Wrote: Trying around 200 mill sec which is very suitable to me. Using RCA to XLR adapter with Viard silver HD coaxial link cable.

Do you really mean 200 millsec? The config is in microseconds,  0-20000uS (0-20mS) or am I totally wrong?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Still finding the best setting... trying between 100 - 300 in config
Do you mean 100-300 microseconds? The maximum delay that can be set in the configuration is 20,000 microseconds which is 20 milliseconds.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
so far 300 microseconds sounds good to my system. but the real measurement is different from 300 microseconds. i think it depends on room accoustic, speakers position and companion unit delays. just pick what sounds the best with your system.
just wonder. how come there is no d800 users complain the delay issue? is that possible devialet fixed in d800 but not d400?
(02-Aug-2015, 08:34)Will03 Wrote: Hi there everyone.

It is my personal experience in last 8 months.

D400 has the similar feeling as less harmony or punch when comparing my ther HIFI gears before.

However D200 sound more harmonized and more in sync with left right channel to me.

Last night i pick up the audionet software to check the delay between left right channel. It is about 4ms which the master is faster on the left channel.

Luckily the new configurator has the delay function. I set master unit delay 350ns. 

Now. You may ask how to set delay with SAM on. It is the secret: 

disable SAM in configurator.
set delay as you want with master unit.
choice you SAM'd speaker again. 
now it is done  Wink

FIXED THE delay problem with companion which causes muddy sound. 

Cheers!
Will03

Can you describe in detail the software/hardware and method you used to measure the 4ms difference between master and slave?

Thanks

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
the delay is 0.x ms range.
connect devialet usb input from laptop.
put the mic between the exact center of the left right speakers (you may move your speakers very close to each others). use the software CARMA by audionet or other software to check time response.

if you want to measure frequency response, put speakers back to normal position. put the mic above our seats at head level.
(03-Aug-2015, 06:11)Will03 Wrote: the delay is 0.x ms range.
connect devialet usb input from laptop.
put the mic between the exact center of the left right speakers (you may move your speakers very close to each others). use the software CARMA by audionet or other software to check time response.

if you want to measure frequency response, put speakers back to normal position. put the mic above our seats at head level.

So the delay is not 4ms it is 0.4ms that would make sense if you put in 300us in the config or am I missing something? After you have put in the 300us delay what does the measuring say the delay is? Are you using SAM aswell?

Got an answer from Devialet today but the engineer is not there, but in 3 weeks he is back and I would get a detailed answer about the delay and SAM. But they say now that SAM and delay can not be at the same time, if SAM is selected the delay automaticly goes away.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

octaviars wouldnt it be a good idea instead of putting your speakers close together etc to actually measure the time delay from the listening position?

just in case the speakers arent exactly symmetrical
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)