Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
John Grant - Grey Tickles, Black Pressure.  Streamed from Qobuz.  

[Image: 61sxKmL5CUL._AA160_.jpg]
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Melanie De Biasio "No Deal" (Qobuz)

I've posted it here before, but thought it worth another mention. Excellent, female jazz vocals.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Two:

Chick Corea Trio, Trilogy

Daft Punk, Random Access Memories

Both 96/24, both excellent.

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Pain Noir - streamed from Qobuz

[Image: 51XkLAmJbYL._AA160_.jpg]
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Stanley Clarke, Biréli Lagrène and Jean-Luc Ponty  - D-Stringz. Streamed from Qobuz.  Beautifully played and recorded.  I particularly like their version of 'Blue Train'.

[Image: 51n7eqaPoSL._AA160_.jpg]
Caravan Palace - new album with a symbol for the title .
Seen them on Later with Jools and love the album
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Nov-2015, 17:33)teddlesdee Wrote: ...and now for something completely different! (Gad I mourn the breakup of Monty Python!)

Anyone like asian music? I do now!

I fell across (I do a lot of that!  Cool  - must be more careful!) a rather fun track called "Gulmarg (the Valley of Flowers)", and once I had played this several times I could NOT get it out of my head, and now have to have regular 'fixes' when I get home from work... Its fun and very entertaining. Especially for curry parties at home!
I then found the Album called "Kashmir:Sounds of the Valley" - an d yet more nice stuff here, but maybe my fav track still being "Gulmarg" - oooops! Just realised. This is rather 'fitting' with my profile piccy!

Then a week ago I found this: Music of the Himalayas - Rahul Sharma

Not everyones cup-o-T, but if you like world music, this little track send shivers down your spine... I LOVE it... over and over again - Missus not quite so, but I am working on it!  Wink

Check out Nitin Sawhney especially his albums Migration and Displacing the Priest.  The title track on Migration is one of *my* regular fixes! BTW AWVFTS is lovely, cheers Teddles!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Listening to the beautiful Viola Organista version of Bjork's Black Lake on her newly released Vulnicura Strings. Recorded on a working replica of Leonardo Da Vinci's original contraption (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulnicura_Strings). Testing the subwoofers on the Grimm LS1!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Robert Miles and Trilok Gurtu "Miles Gurtu" (Qobuz)

[Image: MI0000411596.jpg]

Superbly-played jazz, especially for all fans of bass and percussion, and a great recording.

(Recommended to me by Trevor and Gavin at Guildford Audio - thanks chaps!)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
going to bed with Laura Marling tonight

[Image: 220px-%27Short_Movie%27_Artwork.jpg]

lovely sounding British folk singer
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England