Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get rid of the dialog
Hi there

I m using a pair of gold phantom with a dialog router and I have to say that I am really disappointed with the Dialog:

It's very often that I m obliged to reset it, and today for XXXXX times at boot  it blinked red (3 times  button push very fast)
it has been changed twice in 2 years by Devialet support.
And  today for XXXXX times at boot it blinked red but  it doesn't want to reset

Do any of you know a way to use my phantoms without dialog ??

I want to stream airplay, a tv, an Xbox and obviously the music ???

any idea ??

thanks

Lahyene
I don't think there is a way if you want to use the Phantoms in a stereo pair.

How is the Dialog connected? I have had a number of problems as well, but since I had the Dialog replaced with a newer version (I had a pre-Airplay version from 2015) and connect it to my network using cable and the Phantoms using PLC, everything is relatively stable (a reboot - not reset - is still occasionally required every quarter or-so).

I use either Spotify connect or the optical input - never Spark for anything but change of inputs. If I need to play network files or other services I use a Sonos Connect. It baffles me that Devialet insists on competing with Sonos, Google, Amazon or Spotify on building the best user interface instead of focusing efforts on hardware and a solid interface for integrating to these services.

Firmware does seem to have improved reliability, so I recommend that you upgrade to most recent firmware if you haven't already.
Strange, i did not have any problems at all!

Not with the older version from 2015 and also not with the newer version since a few monts.
Thanks for Ur answers

everything is connected through ethernet and and I m using  an optical from the dialog to the TV
It happens very often that when I start the whole devialet team (if I may say) that the dialog is blinking red to solve that: I use to triple clic on the crystal button. But this time it doesn't works. even after many attempt Sad

I thought that someone here at the forum connect it's phantoms to a different hardware ??

thanks Guys
(28-Jan-2018, 18:22)lahyene Wrote: Thanks for Ur answers

everything is connected through ethernet and and I m using  an optical from the dialog to the TV
It happens very often that when I start the whole devialet team (if I may say) that the dialog is blinking red to solve that:  I use to triple clic on  the crystal button. But this time it doesn't works. even after many attempt  Sad

I thought that someone here at the forum connect it's phantoms to a different hardware ??

thanks Guys

Mine is also optical connected with my TV
Is there maybe something wrong with your ethernet connection?
Have you tried simply unplugging the Dialogue for a while then plugging back in?
(28-Jan-2018, 12:25)lahyene Wrote: Hi there

I m using a pair of gold phantom with a dialog router and I have to say that I am really disappointed with the Dialog:

It's very often that I m obliged to reset it, and today for XXXXX times at boot  it blinked red (3 times  button push very fast)

I want to stream airplay, a  tv, an Xbox and obviously the music ???

any idea ??

thanks

Lahyene

What is your reset?
A complete factory reset?
(28-Jan-2018, 20:03)Johnnydev Wrote:

any idea ??

thanks

Lahyene

What is your reset?
A complete factory reset?
No idea this is  what devialet support  tell to do  if the dialog  blin red  Sad

any idea ??

thanks

Lahyene

Hi

If you really want to bypass dialog.. which I do not recommend...

Maybe your only best option is Roon....(www.roonlab.com)

Connect two Roon enabled devices via optical links to both phantoms... and group play those devices via Roon... the two phantom will be playing same source...you may not have a perfect stereo output..but the sound quality will be excellent...

The cheapest option is to get Raspberry Pi 3b and hifiberry digi sound card...and you’ve got a Roon enabled device  for around £100.

So.. around £600 in total including Roon life membership...

Good luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
@lahyene you should read through this thread https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3695& there is quite a bit of information relevant to your question in it. Especially towards the end.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB