Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Mini (El Capitan) -> USB -> Dev200 problem
So this does not solve your problem but use it as a data point. I run a 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB memory and i7 Quad core processor.

SSD boot drive. All my music is on a Synology NAS. I am using an Apple Extreme Router as my WIFI source, and the Mac Mini is connected to the Synology NAS via WIFI 802.11n.

Apple Extreme downstairs has the Synology NAS connected via ethernet. the second Apple Extreme is upstairs and my Mac Mini connects to the 5GHZ network on it wirelessly.

Mac Mini has a Lightspeed USB cable connected to a REGEN connected to my Devialet 400s.

I use Roon as my music playback software.

I am able to stream music from Tidal via Roon, playback 24/192, DSD64 and standard 16/44.1 files from the NAS with no hiccups, no pauses and no drop outs.

So I do think you should consider swapping USB cables or trying a different USB port on the Mac Mini. My Mac Mini is also running headless.

I would not throw in the towel yet, your setup should work fine.

Are you running other software programs on the Mac Mini?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mac Mini (El Capitan) -> USB -> Dev200 problem - by baddog - 01-Nov-2015, 06:27