Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression
(19-Feb-2016, 23:10)bearcatsandor Wrote: McChicken,

As an owner of Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 as well,  what is your impression of the Phantoms when compared to them?

Thanks!
Hi bearcatsandor
It's to early to say ...the 3.5 alone w/o a sub was not enough for me. Quite strange as this make me sound as a Bass only craving person but I'm not.
I am very far from the Home Cinema people who like to get things to rumble, but I know when I play my selected songs what I'm missing, but as mentioned I have not matched speaker or tried running through my DSPeaker (Room-correction / DSP) + Sonos, only through Spotify Connect so honestly I'm right now comparing apples and pears.
Hope to have time tomorrow to do some more testing with the former Speaker + Sonos, set-up but it looks like I'm missing a cable or something as both the digital outputs from the Speaker + Sonos is Toslink...and I know that the Dialog and the Phantom shall have optical  / Digital inputs but in the dark it did not look like Toslink
..... But Andrew_Brown write in another thread
Maybe one day the Phantoms will have the functionality of Sonos; I am hoping so. I have a Sonos Connect linked by optical Toslink to my Dialog (and by an ethernet cable to provide an internet connection to the Dialog). Using the Sonos app gives me all the functionality of Sonos and the sound quality of the Phantoms. I do not hear any significant loss of sound quality with the extra link in the chain.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression - by McChicken - 20-Feb-2016, 01:17