Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression
(20-Feb-2016, 03:36)kameraguy Wrote: Regarding: "- Less Bass than I was expecting ( I have heard people mentioning body slam sensation bass )"

It wasn't until I finally got my order of (then called) Branch stands that the bass response came alive. Chalk it to a pair of heavy stands with a stout base.

Are you using them on normal stands?

I for sure like to have a pair of branch stands, even tried to find some heavy same height HiFi stands second hand.
Now the Phantoms stand in each corner a rock solid oak table that is just slightly taller.
in general IMO the table surface should act to amplify the bass that is why floor stands for small speakers are important and I do have my doubts that the Gecko wall mounts will not decrease sound quality. I have some bad experience with wall mounts my Beolab 3's sounded plain awful on those even they do have a switch just for wall settings, the difference between floor stands was amazing, wall mounts gave a muddy sound, same speaker on floor stand is crystal clear ( probably the best speaker I've heard under 3 liter / 1 gallon
todays missing is to by another toslink cable and hook up the Sonos (tweaked) and compare to Spotify connect.
As soon as I have some time I will get the Tidal service working as well.
Thanks as usual for all the feed-back
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression - by McChicken - 20-Feb-2016, 10:58