Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does SAM and Martin Logan make sense?
(01-Jul-2014, 21:32)Jwg1749 Wrote: Thanks for that.

The view from Devialet is what I expected, i.e. SAM would have no (or very little) benefit with the ML hybrids. I've discussed this with Frank a couple of times, and he and I disagree, though I'm happy to admit I may be wrong. Now the SAM effect on the ML CLX or the new Neolith model -- that would be very interesting!

The Montis are very fine speakers, and I've not heard anything better for the price. The general view seems to be that the integration of the 'static panel with the sub is the best of any ML speaker to date, and that's saying something, as ML have been the leaders in this field for years.

The combination of Montis and Devialet is quite remarkable -- assuming your goal is transparency. Some day I'll get round to inviting people over for a listen. We're likely to be moving house this summer, so it'll have to wait.

Cheers to all,

Matt
Hi Matt

This is very encouraging as I am considering the Montis for D400.

Currently I'm enjoying ML Electromotion ESL with D200 and I think the Montis on D400 should be a very nice upgrade. Especially I'm hoping that this will downplay what I sometimes feel as harsh presentation of the high frequencies with some recordings specially rock / hard rock / heavy metal.

Any thoughts?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: Does SAM and Martin Logan make sense? - by amabrok - 17-Nov-2014, 08:54