Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers.
(28-Aug-2015, 14:41)MusicFirst Wrote:
(28-Aug-2015, 13:20)completeluxury Wrote: axel to point out - i sit equidistant from my speakers. there appears to be a delay inherent in the devialet 400/800 between the master and slave.

for a 200/250 this is irrelevant.

configuring your delays exactly right will provide perfect imaging and should increase clarity and coherency that little bit extra between the 2 channels.

CL

Thanks for the detailed how-to.  I guess it kind of debunks Devialets assertion that the slave and master are "perectly synced".  Please let us know what changes if any you hear with the adjustments you made.  Also, it may be worthwhile doing one more iteration and assessing whether further adjustments are audible.  I see from your graphs that the second pulse is already down to -63 db, but one never knows.

Kerry

If the measurements were made with a microphone at a distance from the speakers rather than at the output terminals of the amplifier, I don't think you can reasonably conclude that (all of) the required delay correction is due to lack of master/slave synchronisation.

If you wanted to prove that it was, I think you'd have to repeat the measurements with the master in stereo mode and the microphone in exactly the same position, then perhaps you could say that any difference in delay between the two experiments was due to master/slave latency.  Ensuring that the microphone is in exactly the same position could be quite a significant source of error, I think.

[ETA: Or measure directly at the amplifier outputs, of course.]

A very interesting write-up in any case!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Determining the time difference between the left and right speaker. - by thumb5 - 29-Aug-2015, 07:12