Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable Computer direct to a Devialet
(06-Jun-2014, 21:21)PeterS Wrote: Does the above mean that one could setup a network between MacMini and Devialet (e.g. 192.168.0.x) with a direct Ethernet cable and also use the wifi on the Devialet on another network (e.g. 192.168.1.x) in order to be able to connect to the MacMini via the home network? Or does the Ethernet connection on the MacMini and the wifi on the MacMini have to be on the same network?
My MacMini is without keyboard and monitor; I connect via a laptop through VNC. I find the direct connection interesting because it seems to get rid of the drop-outs, but I also need remote access to the MacMini.

Yes you could set it up this way (separate subnet for WiFi and wired ethernet) but you will loose the AIR control app functionality this way. All in the same subnet will indeed work as well. The advantage to a direct connection is that there is no other equipment in between in both an an 'electrical' way and the Devialet will also not receive any network traffic from other machines connected to the network it isn't interested in. But if this contributes to any real improvements in sound quality? I really don't know, although it would be a 'purists way'. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet cable Computer direct to a Devialet - by Antoine - 10-Jun-2014, 17:26