Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1)
(31-Aug-2014, 12:55)ryl1e Wrote: Hi
I am currently an owner of a mainly Linn system - LP12 (Dynavector) and Linn DS into Akurate Kontrol and 4200 amp feeding Linn Ninkas

I believe many of you may be ex Linn owners and would be interested in opinions on comparisons and any advice....
Any compared to Exakt...

I am away in France next week and plan to go to a Premier dealer to listen...
Thanks

I had a complete Linn Akurate system for roughly 3 years before taking the Devialet route.

For me, I found that the Linn Akurate system (which included 2 x 4200 power amps in a bi-amp configuration) was great for Classical and Jazz music but lacked real "balls" when the music demanded it (e.g. Rock, complex Classical passages, etc.).  I also found out the hard way that Linn gear (except for the LP12) is extremely hard to offload/sell and don't keep their resale value.  Plus, financially, I was not able to keep up with all their expensive upgrades.  Having said that, their DS players are excellent (Akurate & Klimax level) but I do find their software a little unreliable and at times frustrating, especially after some upgrades (that was my personal experience).

I now own a Devialet 200 and couldn't be happier.  It's a gorgeous looking component which can replace several separates (not to mention cabling) and sounds amazing.  And YES, it has real "balls".

As per the conclusion in the HI-FI Advice review of the Devialet 120 and 200 units:
"after having purchased a Devialet, you're basically done! No more cable swapping and component matching..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1) - by samurai7595 - 08-Oct-2015, 12:12