Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1)
(31-Aug-2014, 12:55)ryl1e Wrote: Hi
I am currently an owner of a mainly Linn system - LP12 (Dynavector) and Linn DS into Akurate Kontrol and 4200 amp feeding Linn Ninkas

I believe many of you may be ex Linn owners and would be interested in opinions on comparisons and any advice....
Any compared to Exakt...

I am away in France next week and plan to go to a Premier dealer to listen...
Thanks

Hi ryl1e and welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

Prior to owning Devialet I was Linn Klimax customer, owning a KDS, Klimax Kontrol and Solos... I traded these all in last year for the 500 (now 800!). I have never owned Linn speakers (and don't know the Linn Ninkas) so can't comment on those, however with the Devialet I experienced a fairly big upgrade in terms of sound quality and overall sound presentation. The Klimax rig was hardly shoddy mind you so that should give you an idea of the improvement you might be able to expect!

Interestingly I felt like I had to go dual mono to really leapfrog the performance of the Klimax gear. The 240 was still better but probably more of a diagonal move. A lot of this will depend on your speakers though: their sensitivity, impedance curve etc.

For a while I continued to run my KDS through the analog inputs of the Devialet as I preferred the convenience of UPnP (and also really liked the sound of the KDS which was faithfully reproduced through the Devialet system). I now use an external renderer with even better results.

With the Devialet expect a much more "forward" presentation, crystal clear/pin sharp resolution and bags of power that can literally drive any speakers. I'm sure other ex-Linn owners on here will chime in and give you their thoughts too. Smile

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1) - by GuillaumeB - 01-Sep-2014, 14:59