Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last firmware removed hum/buzz?
I'm very surprised. Around 6 months ago I changed from Silver Phantoms to Gold Phantoms. I found the Gold Phantoms superior in most aspects, definitely in SQ. This could even be detected and confirmed by family members and friends in blinded listening comparisons in my listening space, also from non-audiophile. But one thing was worse: there was a constant buzz (measured as 15 dB peak at arund 1kHz) on one of the Golds audible at 5m. The other Gold had a constant buzz audible at 50cm. Both more than my 3 Silver Phantoms. This hum/buzz comes from the switched power supply. So I was determined to send them back to Devialet, specifically the one that has audible PSU noise at 5m distance.
But today, there is no audible noise coming from both of them and they are nicely warm, so not turned off. Did Devialet fix this with the latest FW apdate? Can anyone of you Gold owners confirm? A brief measurement of the ambient noise confirms, no switched PSU noise anymore.
And, yes I can listen to music with them. This is an amazing update or has it todo with my power network that got cleaner and does not interfere with the Phantoms, but did before?
Let me know your findings.

Messages In This Thread
Last firmware removed hum/buzz? - by streamy - 03-Jul-2017, 16:58
RE: Last firmware removed hum/buzz? - by Ovi - 04-Jul-2017, 20:56