Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
The reason I bought the first half of my Expert over 5 years ago, apart from the quality of the sound, which is still exceptional, was the introduction of the CI board that promised a bright future for this product. Additionally, its highly configurable Swiss Army knife qualities meant it fitted easily into my AV setup without lots of additional products ie boxes.

The engineering of this product was, and still is stunning but the software development is woeful as evinced by the obsolete SD card requiring almost programming skills to be of any use whatsoever. Why, oh why they could not embed the very limited amount of code as well as engineering into this product to fully automate its Swiss Army knife qualities is beyond me. The batch update to safeguard the configuration file after you have wrestled it / them out of the back of the machine, tortuously updated the card(s), put them back in the right order then checked the configuration out on the system, is a dinosaurian disgrace.

No orphan has had as much neglect as the Expert Pro.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line - by Gerronwithit - 09-Dec-2022, 09:51