Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
(01-Sep-2015, 17:04)ragwo Wrote: I received a new pair of Silver Phantoms on Friday. Still the same hissing noise. When confronted with the persisting problem Devialet support claimed that my old Phantoms didn't have a hardware problem after all, it was all software related. If they told me that before I made a complaint about the new speakers I would not be so suspicious, they had several opportunities while emailing when the speakers were stuck in custom. The new firmware reduces the noise from volume 5 and downwards, from 6 and upwards it is the same.
TBC

I have the same hissing noise and contacted the dealer about this issue. We made an oppointment and a few days later, the dealer came with a brand new set of phantoms and dialog. We replaced every component with one fresh out of the box. To my suprise, the hissing was still very present. Unfortunately, the dealer could not hear the hissing very well. This was a little bit of a shock to me. Seems that not everybody has the same experience as I have. We decided to keep my old setup and wait for the firmware update.
I experience the new firmware the same way. At very low volume (I would say below 10), I hear almost no noise. Above 10 is as with previous firmware, no or maybe a little improvement. I'm not sure, I need more listening hours.
Furthermore, bluetooth is not available (serials starting with H21) which is disapointing as I bought the phantoms begin of July. I guess I have received a pair from an older batch. Another disapointment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem? - by Bogardo - 01-Sep-2015, 23:13