Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
(02-Sep-2015, 16:19)racapsa Wrote: I experience hissing but it is not noticeably at a normal listening position. I can hear it only at about 10-20 cm away from the speaker, at low volume parts of the music, especially with classical music.

Are you sure that the hissing isn't actually on the recording? It is not uncommon for low levels of classical music to run near the background noise level of some microphones and particularly of recordings made to analogue reel-to-reel tape where the signal to noise ratio is not to CD standard.

I listen mainly to classical music and have never heard any hiss from my Phantoms that was not on the recording.

OTO no electronics are completely silent. For years, before CD, my best cartridge input for my turntable produced a level of noise audible about 1 m from the speakers, but not from the listening position and certainly inaudible when music was playing.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem? - by f1eng - 02-Sep-2015, 17:37