Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
(01-Sep-2015, 20:16)ragwo Wrote: Unfortunately yes and yes. The noise is reduced from volume 0-5, not from 6 and upwards. It is constant from 0-5 and 6 and upwards. I can hear the noise in the couch, six meters away. My listening position is about four meters away.  If the hissing noise was reduced all over the volume range everything would be fine, I can't hear the noise from volume 0-5 in my listening position.

Wow.. Sorry for your unfortunate luck. But, this is more than  about luck, I believe. You already returned one pair. Now, assuming they didn't send you back the same pair... (you mentioned you were suspicious. About what, not sure I re-read your post and get it, now better), the least they could've done is test a pair before shipping them to you.

Now, if they did test them... Have you tested them in a different home location? ; A different house?

I have a feeling that they test whatever Phantoms they send to the dealers, where they are meant for listening sessions only.

Now, I'm going to be honest... if a product is in perfect conditions, then I wouldn't want people to be re-opening packaging for test before shipping. But, since there's a problem about hissing...would I want my Phantoms' order to be re-tested before shipping? Well...I don't know what to tell you...

Maybe everything should be tested before shipping, since there's a hissing problem... I don't like people handling the merch, too much, but, what can I say....

I listened to a Silver pair at a dealer near me, before the newest FW update, about 2 weeks ago...and I noticed a hissing when music was not playing (during Phantoms' setup), but I had to put my ear as close as possible to the tweeter, without making contact with the Phantom, to actually hear it.

From normal listening distance...non existent.

P.S. - Sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to catch up with the FW thread.

P.P.S. - maybe the hissing I experienced is the "no electronics are completely silent" bit, that f1eng mentioned.

I listened only through WiFi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem? - by Dvlt PhD - 04-Sep-2015, 23:31