Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
(02-Mar-2016, 05:06)Lucifel Wrote:
(02-Mar-2016, 00:26)dmitrek Wrote: Tonight I've heard this noise and it's really bothering me. I have a professional audio equipment at home, so I've recorded the moment when Phantoms (2xSilver, Dialog, PLC) starts to play, then I press "pause" in Spark and then there are two seconds of really audible hissing noise in the track.

Here is the track that I've recorded, uncompressed, 24/96.

http://bit.ly/phantom_hiss

What do you think?

The noise is 100% audible from your file - sounds like the "startup/stop/pause" hiss others have reported.

It is different to what I experience - consistently on all the time but only at really high volume after recent firmware.

What application are you using?  Any chance their is hardware/software EQ applying some manipulation?  That "startup/stop/pause" timing sort of matches the inherent latency of the phantoms so just putting ideas out there.

Hi, Using Spark, I have also experienced similar hissing sound but it's very low and hard to hear from a normal listening distance ( 2-3m). Based on Lucifel's comment, it could be latency relating issue as the "hissing" only sounded for a few seconds then quickly returned to quite stage when in "Pause" mode. ( Solo Silver Phantom)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem? - by hoalugia - 03-Mar-2016, 04:55