Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
(02-Mar-2016, 09:46)dmitrek Wrote: Just checked all other options: bluetooth, spotify directly on single Phantom, optical cable from other source — the noise is still there. Everyone can check the noise by putting this completely silent flac file to Spark and listening to it at 40-80% of the volume.

http://bit.ly/silent_flac

I don't really think that it is really bad for listening. I can only hear it when I pause Phantoms and in the night, when there are no any other background noises. But still, it shows signs of imperfection while we all were sold "the ultimate experience, with no distortion, no noise, etc."

I am about 2-3 metres away and I can only really hear it over 80 (in Spark) which is flipping loud after the new updates (1.5.2?).  It used to be very audible from 40-60% up.   Pausing within Spark will turn off the hiss.  Pausing within the player (computer/Foobar for me) will also pause the noise after a few seconds.  I think it is partially high gain related.  Over 80 in Spark app is too loud for a normal to family sized room.  Honestly, it is a similar 'gain' type hiss that I can hear in my Shure 846s (in ears) when connected to various sources (DACS, phones, laptops, computers, Marantz etc) with the level changing depending on the quality of source and volume.  My issue is only related to volume controls within Spark.  Changing the source volume does not affect the hiss.

I agree that there should be zero noise even at 100% but I am also not surprised that high gain/volumes introduce noise.  Does not affect listening now that it is only at really high volumes.  I just hope it is not hardware related and that Devialet can continue to work on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem? - by Lucifel - 03-Mar-2016, 05:37