Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is SAM meant to make an obvious difference?
(03-Aug-2015, 10:42)Jgw911 Wrote: Hi all

Just been excited to find out that my speakers (Kudos C2) have been SAMed. Updated the configuration, set the SAM to 100%, set my remote mute button to SAM on/off, listened and ....... Can't hear any difference with SAM on or off... Huh

Tried varying music, some very bass heavy tracks but still cannot detect a difference. Am I doing something wrong?

Looking at the specifications and type of your speakers, they are quite similar to mine. They were going already down to 34 Hz (mine were 33.4) and with SAM yours are now doing down to 21 Hz (mine are 20 Hz). Both are two ways floor standing with a similar sized mid/woofer.

Did you try switching it on and off while playing? 

On my speakers, the change is subtle and definitively not a bass boost. Even in some circumstances, it has slightly reduced the impression of bass by removing some resonance that were artificially bloating them.

But if you are listening to a pipe organ piece with 16 feet pipes you should definitely hear a difference.

Also on a different musical style, something like Partition from Beyonce or Limit to your Love from James Blake are good songs to check the difference with and without SAM. (Be careful without SAM while playing limit to your love. There are infra basses that without the protection of SAM could damage your speakers if you listen at too high a volume....)
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is SAM meant to make an obvious difference? - by Jean-Marie - 03-Aug-2015, 11:10