Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers.
(28-Aug-2015, 12:16)completeluxury Wrote: So i pull out the devialet card for my left amp, input a 100us delay on the sub pre-out, speaker pre-out enabled and pre-out disabled.
From here i pulled the slave card out and changed the delay from 100us to 90us and the next photo is the result
So if i set the delay to 85ms it was the left channel a little bit behind, set to 90 is the right channel thats a bit behind... i was trying to set the figure to 86, 87, 88 etc but it reverts to either 85 or 90 as soon as you click ok.

I assume when you say 85 ms in the last paragraph you mean 85 us (microseconds) - right?

If that is the figure you ended up with to get the impulse traces to coincide, by my maths that corresponds to a distance of just under 3 cm.  My guess is that that could be due to asymmetry in the distance between the microphone and each speaker.  It's probably quite hard to get much better accuracy than that, I would think.  In any case it's much smaller than likely variations due your head changing position while listening...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers. - by thumb5 - 29-Aug-2015, 13:35