Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers.
(30-Aug-2015, 17:42)f1eng Wrote:
(29-Aug-2015, 23:48)completeluxury Wrote: i think thats a really silly thing to say krass.

its not about having that cancellation happen while you are listening to music. its about having your listening position be exact centre which it wont be unless you do something like this.

it might be close, but it wont be perfect. what we do day in day out with our systems is add components or change cables to see what makes music sound better to us. having your left and right channels perfectly aligned WILL be an improvement. it might not be as glamorous as changing parts or putting in a fancy cable but no mod you make will have this affect on your system.

People always want a better sound stage and this is about the basic starting point - central imaging.

Well I think you are inventing a non existent problem to solve. Krass is quite right.
My recommendation to everybody would be to stop dicking about endlessly with your hifi and use it to listen to music with, but that is just me.

i didnt create any problems. we were recently given the option in the configurator to install delays to channels. this guide tells you how you can use those delays. perhaps you should call devialet and tell them they are putting obsolete functions into their software and people should just listen to the music.

its possible to both listen to music and spend some time on this side of the fence. if you and krass dont want to work with delays to get your speakers perfectly aligned - dont. for most of the people here, half the fun is dicking around with the system.

i have been asked by at least 2 members of the forum about getting a guide done and so i have done.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers. - by completeluxury - 31-Aug-2015, 09:17