Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers.
no need for any disagreement here, it's useful (for everybody) to understand how to change the relative delay so what you've done has good general value and can certainly help others. That's the 1st piece of very useful info in this thread that others can use.

I think its still worth recognizing that there is a 2nd piece of useful info, that there is probably a limit as to how far it is useful to go, and what the controlling factors are (such as head movements or speaker repositioning etc). The 2nd piece of useful information is the calculation made by thumb5:-
340m/s == 34cm/ms == 0.034cm/us
So a delay of about 100us is about 3.4 cm, as thumb5 calculated already

Everybody can make their own decision on what to do with these bits of info. IMHO chasing a few centimeters seems unecessary, but it's just my opinion based on an engineering assessment.I think it's worth sharing that so that others benefit from realizing the magnitude of the time delay vs distance relationship - it may help them to make a better informed choice about a sensible level of time delay accuracy and what it means in terms of requirements and comfort to have rather fixed positioning (move 3cm and the entire delay is negated !)

good luck further......

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to guide: Setting the delay between the left and right speakers. - by krass - 31-Aug-2015, 21:08