Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cartridges and phono settings
(22-Jan-2016, 10:54)no32 Wrote: Anyone has experience the linn kandid with the Devialet. Someone told me it match only linn phono stage ...

No experience with the Kandid. I own the Adikt and find it a good match with the Devialet. Still searching for the best setting. I now have set it to:
Phono Model: -
Cartridge Type: MM
Channels: Stereo
Max Level: 5.5 mVrms
Loading: High Ω 200pF
Auto Wifi Standby: On
Startup curve: RIAA1976
Sampling Rate: 96kHz

Any advise guys?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Hi All,

Being a relatively new member on this forum I am hoping my first posted message will help me to start using my turntable again since I bought the D400.
Does anybody on this forum know what the recommended phono settings are for the Kiseki Blue N.S ? I realize this is not the most popular cartridge around in terms of units sold but perhaps there is somebody else who is using the same cartridge in combination with the Devialet.

Thank you.
Hi All,

Being a relatively new member on this forum I am hoping my first posted message will help me to start using my turntable again since I bought the D400.
Does anybody on this forum know what the recommended phono settings are for the Kiseki Blue N.S ? I realize this is not the most popular cartridge around in terms of units sold but perhaps there is somebody else who is using the same cartridge in combination with the Devialet.

Thank you.
I have my RP8 Apheta 2 at 0.35 MV, 85 ohm, and 500pf. Sounds fine.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
I've got a Denon DL-110. I used Devialet's default setting for this cartridge which seemed OK for most records. Just recently I bought Floating Points' Kuiper EP (just buy it, trust me!). This is a 12" with one track per side so plenty of opportunity for good signal/noise ratio. 
Playing side 2 I thought that I was getting mistracking on the hottest parts of the cut. I'd also ripped the EP using Devialet's digital output into Audacity. When the rip was complete it was obvious from the Audacity trace that there was some clipping.
This got me experimenting and I finally got to the input level. The cartridge is specified as 1.6mV output but I played with the maximum level on the fly with the Devialet (love that facility!). 
My 'max level' for the phono input is now set at 3.1mV - nearly twice the notional output! No clipping, no noise, no problem and certainly no mistracking.
I've since played some more records and they sound 'cleaner' so I suspect that there has always been some residual clipping on peaks that I just wasn't recognising.
Garrard 401 in AMD plinth, 12" Wand tonearm with a Sumiko Blackbird LO; Cyrus CDxT; MacBook Pro with Audirvana Plus; Sonos ZP80; Devialet D220; Martin Logan ELS Electromotion.
Come across a vintage B&O MMC6000, although it said it is a MM cartridge, it only plays beautifully with following setting:

Type: MC
Max Level: 1000 µV
Loading: 100 ohm, 100 pF
EDIT: Loading: 200ohm, 100pF has clearer sound stage and louder treble

The internal calibration sheet come with MMC6000 said it has 100kohm load which is not correct, 100 ohm is the solution.

EDIT:

Just testing with several different LP, the treble side sounds more forward and clear if the loading to tune to 200 ohm instead of 100 ohm. In case anybody come across this vintage cartridge, would you verify it as well?
Anybody out there using an Ortofon SPU Meister Silver GM MKII?
Devialet Expert 200, Linn Sondek, Technics Sl-1200, MacBook Pro, Roon, Monitor Audio PL200
(28-Aug-2014, 08:43)Confused Wrote: Welcome @Wallard!  I'm running my Cadenza Black at 400uv, 100ohms, 0pf.  You can get slightly different results using a higher ohms setting.  I haven't had the Cadenza for long and I'm still experimenting with settings myself.  This should at least offer a reasonable starting point.

Hello Confused. What is your current thinking on the settings? A chap from Henley Designs advised me that 100 ohms was the best loading in his experience for the Cadenza Black and I have stuck with that. I have settled on Devialets 330uv however. This is certainly the best cartridge I have used and my only slight concern is the hiss you can discern in quiet passages of music. This seems to be an issue for low output MC cartridges with the Devialet phono stage. Some have suggested a step up transformer is the way to go. It would be good to know if there were any changes to the phono stage of the new pro versions but I have heard nothing on this subject so far.
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.
(01-Oct-2016, 18:01)Harry. Wrote:
(28-Aug-2014, 08:43)Confused Wrote: Welcome @Wallard!  I'm running my Cadenza Black at 400uv, 100ohms, 0pf.  You can get slightly different results using a higher ohms setting.  I haven't had the Cadenza for long and I'm still experimenting with settings myself.  This should at least offer a reasonable starting point.

Hello Confused. What is your current thinking on the settings? A chap from Henley Designs advised me that 100 ohms was the best loading in his experience for the Cadenza Black and I have stuck with that. I have settled on Devialets 330uv however. This is certainly the best cartridge I have used and my only slight concern is the hiss you can discern in quiet passages of music. This seems to be an issue for low output MC cartridges with the Devialet phono stage. Some have suggested a step up transformer is the way to go. It would be good to know if there were any changes to the phono stage of the new pro versions but I have heard nothing on this subject so far.

I am currently running 400uv, 100ohms.  Even after a bit of tweaking I haven't found anything better in my system.  Those guys at Henley designs are very wise!  (they certainly know their Ortofons) It is perhaps worth noting that I have a highly disproportionate number of single track 12" singles, which do get played, so I might need just a little bit more headroom because of this.  Regarding the phono stage hiss, although this is audible when not actually playing a record, I have to say that when something is playing I have never been aware of it.  Having said that, I'll certainly be very interested to see (hear) if this aspect has improved once my new Pro arrives.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I use cadenza Black and use the settings that devialet show , and i connected a step Up transformer a ortofon venzo , but still ther is a little noise playing records, even When i turn of my wifi, i Think there is nothing too do , vhen we play records .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,