Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chromecast Audio with new Firmware
(05-Jan-2016, 19:26)streamy Wrote: Are you also experiening problems with streaming certain hires (24/88k or 24/96k) files from Qobuz app (ios) via Chromecast Audio? I use Toslink output to the Dialog/Phantom and have described the streaming problems in this post: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...2#pid31832 . What is really strange is that from certain Qobuz sublime purchased  albums some tracks play and some others do not within the album. When a track plays there are no dropouts or other problems. Tracks that do not stream through Chromecast stream perfectly well on the IPad once the connection to Chromecast is disconnected. So, the problem somehow has to in the Chromecast firmware or the Qobuz implementation (the part that is downloaded to Chromecast audio to stream Qobuz).

I don't use Qobuz, sorry. On computeraudiophile it was confirmed that Chromecast streams bit perfect up to 24bit/96kHz but has issues with certain non-standard flac formats. This will be fixed by firmware tough. Personally, I never had any problems using Plex with my locally stored Hires FLAC's. Nothing fancy tough, cause I hardly have anything beyond 24bit /44 kHz, as I don't hear any improvements beyond that. But that's another subject that shouldn't be discussed in this thread.

I'm sure Qobuz and the Chromecast team will fix this issue within the next weeks. In the longterm Chromecast Audio will probably be one of the most widely used streamers, therefore support will be very good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chromecast Audio with new Firmware - by runlonger - 06-Jan-2016, 09:49