Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1)
(01-Nov-2014, 19:31)boba2013 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2014, 14:21)rik Wrote: In theory the digital stage of the Majik & Akurate are all but identical (I think the DS/1 has a slightly better clock) The main differences being in the analogue domain, so you should be able to go with the Majik (As that gives you HDMI switching). I'm not sure if you can disable the power amp though.

Use coax digital output.

Rik

Thanks Rik

At the TAVES 2014 show here in Toronto today and decided to go with the D120 which I hope meets what I visualize as being the answer. If I think I need it, will upgrade to D200 later!

Bob

Well, it's a year later from when I purchased my 120 and started a musical love affair. I have a pretty simple system with the D120 upgraded to the 200 about 6 months ago, LINN Majik, coax to the D200 along with the Arcam D39 CD-SACD player. Cables are Siltech silver-gold Classic Anniversary for both interconnect and speaker runs.

A Mac-mini provides headless media source for my mainly FLAC ripped files using the excellent LINN Kazoo server software as a digial media gateway. The Arcam is hooked like the LiNN directly to the D200.

A MJ Acoustics Sub provides the lower Octaves one needs and is directly connected to the D200's sub L/R Coax.outputs. 

iPad with Kazoo client control's the LINN and I have still not delved into Devialet's AIR.

I am totally pleased with the ease of source selection, sound quality and reliability to simply walk in, turn on and start listening to what I feel is a top system. With the LINN operating like mainly a Digital source selector. I don't feel I have anything to gain going up to a Akurate at this time.

What is next? I think it is time to consider adding the Companion to the D200 for a 400 configuration.

I am only one year with the rig but could not be happier!

Cheers

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs Linn Akuate (AK/1 A4200/1) - by boba2013 - 08-Oct-2015, 01:14