Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 vs. low sensitivity speakers
Question 
Thank you MusicLover and Damon (Vancouver eh?  I'll be visiting your beautiful city this Saturday! lol) for the quick replies!  Anyone else want to chime in?

I am currently using an Odyssey Khartago Extreme amplifier.  The specs can be found HERE.  According to Klaus my extreme unit outputs around 120W @ 8 ohms.  While I have not listened to every amplifier out there, my Odyssey has the quickest and most controlled response I have heard.  At least anywhere near my level of purchasing power.  It is just missing that lower end (think below 80Hz) presence.  Since the upright bass is my favorite instrument, I love to hear all of the nuances that my Odyssey gives.  I just wish it had MORE of it.

My 3-way speakers with their 8" drivers can respectfully provide that lower authority when given enough power.  I did hear a modified Rotel RB-1090 with my system.  While the bass was more prominent with over double the power, it had no where near the total control and liveliness of the Odyssey.  

So I guess I am looking for a combination of those two amps.  I really wished I could demo a 120 one day, but I do not think that could ever happen.

Here is a pic of my current speakers:  (Sorry about the crappy pic.  The gloss carbon fiber reflects everything poorly.)

[Image: IMG_3109_zps2cawshhb.jpg]
Be alert! The world needs more lerts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 120 vs. low sensitivity speakers - by Finleyville - 02-Mar-2016, 20:41
RE: 120 vs. low sensitivity speakers - by Axel - 03-Mar-2016, 04:36