Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(29-Mar-2020, 16:37)deviousalet Wrote: I wish that Devialet would allow use of the trigger cable when using the RCA-XLR interconnect, but at least they've improved the sound of the RCA-RCA interconnect. When I experimented with my D400 the RCA-XLR connection clearly sounded better, but with my D1000 Pro CI and the latest firmware the opposite was true. Each system may be different that way, so it would be nice to get the benefits of triggered operation with either interconnection.

I'm very interested in everyone's experience about what differences the trigger cable makes. Thanks for reanimating this thread.

I've tested my dual-mono to see how the sound changes with and without the trigger cable. It definitely sounds different with vs without it. I prefer the sound without the trigger cable - it sounds smoother and the soundstage is more 3-dimensional, especially using the RCA-XLR interconnect. With the trigger cable it sounds a little sharper but less airy.

The sound difference happens even *without* changing the configuration - basically just connecting the cable creates another electrical path between master & companion units. My theory is the trigger cable adds another potential ground loop path between the master & companion. I minimize that possibility by using galvanically isolated inputs and outputs: WiFi instead of Ethernet, XLR input on Master, RCA-XLR to companion, RCA output to subwoofer has a Jensen SUB-2RR isolation transformer.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
Summary so far - by flohmann - 28-Mar-2020, 20:01
RE: Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption - by hardcore - 31-Mar-2020, 10:20