Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
(16-Feb-2024, 11:29)Gerronwithit Wrote: companies showing loyalty to their customers with admirable evolutionary products eg Naim and Linn. i have no real reason to complain as my systems continue to produce great sound, but my faith in Devialet as a company does not exist.

Yes, the Pro CI line is 7 years old, I guess, but I'm not sure that Linn and Naim are doing any more. I don't think either offered the upgrades both for software and hardware that Devialet did. It seems to me that upgrades for Naim are either to buy an entirely new pieces of gear replacing the XX series that you have, or adding a very expensive power supply. I think that one could argue that Linn really disadvantaged owners of some of their products by discontinuing and sort of CD transport many years ago. 10 year? 15? Consider also that even for their very first Expert product, the upgrades are still available, 10 years later. That is impressive IMHO>

I never felt that I had to have an endless series of updates to my Devialet. I know that some did want that, but it seemed to me to become a 'never satisfied no matter what' kind of scenario.

Absolutely, I'd love to see a new family of Expert amps, in which case Devialet would be doing exactly what Naim does, as well as most other companies. And I'd love to see attentive customer service, and a skilled and durable software team show up. I don't feel the disappointment, and in fact, I still think about getting another Devialet. But that's just me.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line - by Damon - 16-Feb-2024, 23:26