Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep mode does not work - Apple TV interferes with the remote control receiver
(11-Nov-2023, 23:05)simplicate Wrote:
(22-Mar-2023, 09:35)haber Wrote: This is interesting. I have had the same problem lately, after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet,  to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?

Same problem here with my D-Priemer. I also have an Apple TV 4K upstairs attached to my TV. I initially noticed this behavior when I installed a Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport. Based on this thread it seems like this was a coincidence. BTW when I contacted Audiolab for advice/fix they did not reply.

I wonder if anyone here has any insight to modifying the Devielet software (hacking) to eliminate this problem. As the Expert line is no longer being updated this seems like the only route. Apple is probably following accepted Bluetooth protocol so the root of the problem is likely with the Devialet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hg

You can check this topic:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-P...expectedly

It has nothing to do with bluetooth. It's the Zigbee protocol between remote and amp.
The Apple-box uses also Zigbee. It switches the amp ON(quite often) and OFF(rarely).
Devialet is aware of this. Please create a ticket at Devialet customer care.
Devialet 440pro Core Infinity - Auralic Vega G2 - B&W 803 D4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sleep mode does not work - Apple TV interferes with the remote control receiver - by Ron - 12-Nov-2023, 12:23