Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Pro Sub Connections
A couple questions for the subwoofer crowd. 

I am demoing a sub with the 1000. I currently have the preouts set to mono and run a RCA cable from the Master to the sub and from the Companion to the same sub (both from the Digital 1 Output on each amp). This seems to work fine. I am also going to try with two subs. I assume I should set the configurator to stereo. One question is do I then run two cables from each amp to the proper sub? (using Digital 1 & 2?).

Never used the preouts before (if that isn't obvious...) but have used the speaker level connections. I am considering running 4 subs total - 2 thru speaker level and 2 thru Sub Preout.

I guess a better way to ask my question might be - is anyone running 4 subs with a Devialet Dual Mono and if so how do you have it configured and how are the cables connected? Not looking for a discussion of speaker versus preout approach or crossover settings etc.

Thanks
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
For twin subs, i set mine as stereo in the configurator so left for the master and right for the companion (the same as the speakers) and then run one cable from the single pre-out of each amp to it's designated sub. If I was going to add more subs I'd still only have one connection from the amps to each sub and then daisychain them instead but I guess it depends on the type of sub as to whether this is possible.
Thanks - As I recall you have RELs - do you prefer the Preout instead of the Speaker connection?
New England
USA
(21-Oct-2020, 18:18)Dan Wrote: Thanks - As I recall you have RELs - do you prefer the Preout instead of the Speaker connection?

I do have RELs. A pair of G1 Mk2s on the main speakers. I've never tried the high level connection and went the Preout route because I have SAM turned on and was nervous as to what it would do to the subs.
Cool - thanks a lot.
New England
USA
one good way of connecting multiple subs is adding a miniDSP HD. You can connect it via sub or pre out and connect up to 4 subs.
This has the advantage that you can apply a correction to each of the subs and you can also adjust the volume, delay and crossover for each sub seperatly.
Usually delay should be set for main/stereo speakers - not subwoofer(s). That has to be done on Devialet - if you don't use Devialet just as a power amp.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(27-Oct-2020, 20:10)Delija Wrote: Delay should be set for main/stereo speakers - not subwoofers.

Surely it depends on where the sub(s) is/are relative to the main speakers and the listener?  As I understand it the purpose of the delay is mainly to correct for differences in acoustic path length, so if the subs are closer to the listener than the mains, then adding an electronic delay to the subs may be the right thing to do.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes, but subwoofers always have DSPs and DSPs introduce additional latency - so even if they are physically closer to the MLP, subwoofers are usually "further" than speakers.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

That's a generalisation too far, I'd say. It all depends on the specific system. As a counter-example, I do have a sub without DSP and I'm pretty sure it's not unique in that respect.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK