Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
108s Performance issues, is this normal?
(11-May-2021, 22:29)Jason0406 Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 15:06)ragwo Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 00:51)Jason0406 Wrote: Hey so what an awesome community, you guys are great. 
Glad to hear that my experience was abnormal and you guys let it rip without issue. 
Attached is the pic of the front piece that popped off. I've been able to clip it back on since.
Two follow up questions...
The sound issues started after about 3 hours of playing time... I noticed that if I turned down the music for a bit, and then turned it back up it would pump much better.
1) Any chance it was my RCA to Digital converter causing issues? Maybe it couldn't handle the horse. Tried to buy the Arch but it's sold out.
2) Any chance it was the piece that popped off causing issue? Doubt it but maybe.
Next time when it happens a good test would be Bluetooth to see if I can isolate out the RCA. 
Again, appreciate all the comments. I'll reach out to Devialet and see what they say.
Jason

The DSP wizardry of the Phantom should prevent damage caused by any input signal, so I doubt the RCA to toslink conversion is to blame. Just out of curiosity, why RCA to toslink? Did you hook up a DJ set of some kind? The magnetic cover for the tweeter can't cause the issues you describe, I believe you unfortunately have faulty speaker(s). Did both behave the same way?

Exactly. DJ gear to the 108s using RCA to toslink. Ignored the delay issues. Is there a better setup? 
Couldn't tell if both were behaving the same way. Only really inspected the one speaker.
RCA to optical seems like a good solution. If you want to get rid of the delay, you could set the speakers to optical direct mode and you'll get about 1 ms instead of 60 ms. The speakers will then behave like any dumb active speaker. You'll need an optical splitter though. It's under $ 10 on ebay or Amazon. How to enable optical direct mode is described in several threads here on DC.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-May-2021, 23:36)ragwo Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 22:29)Jason0406 Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 15:06)ragwo Wrote: The DSP wizardry of the Phantom should prevent damage caused by any input signal, so I doubt the RCA to toslink conversion is to blame. Just out of curiosity, why RCA to toslink? Did you hook up a DJ set of some kind? The magnetic cover for the tweeter can't cause the issues you describe, I believe you unfortunately have faulty speaker(s). Did both behave the same way?

Exactly. DJ gear to the 108s using RCA to toslink. Ignored the delay issues. Is there a better setup? 
Couldn't tell if both were behaving the same way. Only really inspected the one speaker.
RCA to optical seems like a good solution. If you want to get rid of the delay, you could set the speakers to optical direct mode and you'll get about 1 ms instead of 60 ms. The speakers will then behave like any dumb active speaker. You'll need an optical splitter though. It's under $ 10 on ebay or Amazon. How to enable optical direct mode is described in several threads here on DC.
Awesome I'll check it out! Thanks!